Beersmith Software

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SJW

As you must brew, so you must drink
Reaction score
I found the Beersmith software the otherday and downloaded the free 21 day trail and have found it quite good. I was just wondering if anyone else uses it and how they have found it.
(ok. thats gone)

MMM!!!!
Interesting request. :eek: <_< :ph34r:

Beersmith is wonderful yes.
Crack is big asounding NO if anyone has it they would be very silly and frowned upon if they post it here. :ph34r:
So please don't ever expect a reply to your question here SJW. :ph34r:
All i'll say is if you find a crack keep it private and refrain from putting it here.
I'll admit to having certain software that may or may not be legit but its nothing i'll be posting here ever or emailing in private for that matter. :ph34r:
If your to cheap to buy it at least find the crack yourself and don't pass it around to everyone as i think that is a major no no for such a cheap and valuble piece of brew kit.
Jayse :ph34r:

dont worry i tried to find the same thing.... no luck. I guess promash wasnt all that expensive and it was supporting a company that sponsors the HB industry. :chug:

I'm a homebrew fanatic and currently doing programming at uni, would anyone be interested if I knocked together either a clone of Brewsmith or ProMash...depending on interest it could either be a freeware or donationware project. I'm just keen to get a little something to add to my portfolio b4 i graduate, and if I can recontribute it to the homebrew scene all the better.

OK forget i asked that question, hence the edited question.
Anyway out of all the brewing software packages how does BEERSMITH stack up is what i am asking, price wise & quality?

G'Day SJW,

I bought Beersmith a few months ago after trialling it prior to purchase. IMHO it is great - and cheap. It was less than $30 direct from the site from memory. Promash is also good, but I just liked beersmith's layout more. Personal preference thing...

Shawn.

Ok cool SJW.
Sorry about my rant re- please don't hand cracks of this programm around. :ph34r:

Beersmith is great i used it about a year ago untill the trial run out and have finally got round to getting it after using promash for some time.
I would say they are pretty much equal in terms of how good they are.

Anyway i give a very big thumbs up to beersmith.

Jayse

Thanks Jayse.
I am going to order it today.

Have a little text file that I use to produce a Beersmith report to keep in the brewery. The report lists brews/batches and basic info for reference in the brewery to past brews/batches. I use a numbering system and often bottle whats left over after filling a keg, writing the batch number on the bottle label. Find it's handy when I pull out a bottle to refer to the hard copy in the brewery to find what it is and some basic details about the batch.

Created this simple little text file and thought I might share it with the AHB community for download, can't figure how to do this, should I upload it to my ISP space? How do I do this, can someone help.

Cheers,
Screwy

Created this simple little text file and thought I might share it with the AHB community for download, can't figure how to do this, should I upload it to my ISP space? How do I do this, can someone help.

Cheers,
Screwy

Screwy,

An easy way would be for you to attach it to a post here - when you hit reply, there is an attachment option two blue squares under where you type the reply. Hit the BROWSE button, and find the file on your computer. Then click ADD THIS ATTACHMENT. Once thats all done, hit ADD REPLY at the bottom, and the file will be attached to the message!

Hope this helps

M

Screwy,

An easy way would be for you to attach it to a post here - when you hit reply, there is an attachment option two blue squares under where you type the reply. Hit the BROWSE button, and find the file on your computer. Then click ADD THIS ATTACHMENT. Once thats all done, hit ADD REPLY at the bottom, and the file will be attached to the message!

Hope this helps

M

Of course, a blonde moment there for a while, thanks.

Ok here's the file. When the text appears on the screen, click on Save As in the File menu of your browser and save the file to the Beersmith/Templates directory. It will then appear as a selection in the drop down window in the Beersmith menu bar. With your Brew Log window open select the new "My Brew List" in the drop down window and the simple details from the text file will appear in the bottom window. Now highlite the brews which you want to have in your report in the top (brew log) window. Do this by clicking on your first selection and then clicking on your last selection while holding down the shift key. Select as many recipes from the Brew Log as you wish, while the selection is highlited do the following.

1. Click on Export As in the File Menu.
2. in the Export Which Items frame click on the radio button for Only The Items That Are Selected.
3. Click on the Text File Button in the Use The Following Format frame.
4. In the Export To frame select or enter a filename (change it from recipes.txt to something meaningful such as brewlog.txt) and destination for the text file report.
5. Click OK to save the file

Now you can print the report which lists only the basics of recipes from your brew log.

Copy the txt file and play with your formats to suit your needs.

Cheers,
Screwy

View attachment My_Brew_List.txt

Nice one, Screwtop. Just getting started using Beersmith and this seems a useful add-on. :super:

Back