Beersmith Mobile crapped itself with new iOS update

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SJW

As you must brew, so you must drink
Reaction score
I emailed Brad and this is what he said,

Hi,
I apologize for the issues with IOS9.0.1:
- I did spend three weeks working with every beta version of IOS 9 and IOS 9.1 to get BeerSmith to work with it
- After I published my updates, Apple released IOS 9.0.1 without sending it to any of us Apple Developers and it
broke many of the fixes I had put in place

So despite my best efforts, the app is not working under IOS 9.0.1. I have implemented another set of fixes and
sent them to Apple for review but it typically takes 4-8 days for them to approve a revision.

I've done all that I can - you should see an app update within the next week or so that will correct the button problems.

Cheers!

Brad Smith
BeerSmith.com

Ah well, he's pretty responsive with matters such as this, I certainly won't hold it against him. Good on him.

Yeah, just pissed with Apple or the iOS people. I'm sick of Apple

Yeah, Apple is really starting to get on my tits. In addition to this sort of crap, and things like why the **** won't Apple products work with older Bluetooth any more, there's the fact they continually remove functionality from their own apps for zero apparent reason.

SJW said:
Yeah, just pissed with Apple or the iOS people. I'm sick of Apple
Unfortunately like so many other big name brands these days the reputation they live off now is far removed from the original quality they built their success with. New Apple is a great example of this and having Microsoft bail them out a while ago really helped seal their fate down a slow lingering path of mediocrity. :(

Yeah Apple suck the big one. The new Google phone is the tits

Looks like update 9.0.2 has fixed the problems. With the OS. Not with Apple. Shoulda gone that Sony/Ericsson...

Mardoo said:
Looks like update 9.0.2 has fixed the problems. With the OS. Not with Apple. Shoulda gone that Sony/Ericsson...
The update on the update on the update (9.0.0; 9.0.1; 9.0.2) still hasn't fixed the slow running, frame freeze and sometimes weird changes on my ipad 2, happens every time there are Apple updates, gives a person the shits.

Absolutely. 9.1 is in beta. Apple has long released hardware and software before fully ready, as well as keeping you from using previous versions once you upgrade - as with iOS 9. I learned the hard way to never buy 1st generation Apple hardware.

Latest posts

Back