BeerSmith Mobile Brewing App

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've only used it the once so won't be much help. I've edited mash profiles on the pc version but haven't had a chance to play with the phone version.
Edit : too slow.
I think my timer showed a rise step before mash in. Not sure why this is. May be wrong, will double check when I can.

Nope. Just having a stoopid moment. Carry on.

From the BeerSmith HomeBrewing Blog:

Many users who have installed the latest IOS 9.0.1 update from Apple are reporting problems with the BeerSmith Mobile and BeerSmith Lite apps on their iPhones and tablets. Specifically the app fails to respond to many navigation buttons (save/cancel/home/etc…).

Link

Can anyone help me with a Braumeister 20lt profile for the mobile app please? I understand beersmith have released a profile for the desktop version only.

If you copy a recipe to cloud that uses the desktop BM 20L profile, it will copy the data needed to brew the recipe using that profile.

However, if you want the profile to exist standalone on the mobile version, as far as I know the only way to get it in there is to copy it over by hand.

Mardoo said:
If you copy a recipe to cloud that uses the desktop BM 20L profile, it will copy the data needed to brew the recipe using that profile.

However, if you want the profile to exist standalone on the mobile version, as far as I know the only way to get it in there is to copy it over by hand.
Thanks Mardoo that's right, someone with the desktop BM 20lt profile needs to share the recipe to the cloud. Once I know the name of that recipe I can search for it and save the equipment profile to my app.

If you can get someone to post a screenshot of the BM 20L profile you can hand enter it. I only have the 50L profile. Other thing to do, if you haven't yet, is check the BM forum and search for the profile. That's how I found the 50L.

Sounds like you don't have the desktop version?

Yeh I don't have the desktop version. I have checked the BM forum, I'm after the official beer smith release of the BM profile which came out in April I believe. Happy to hand enter it, just want to make sure it's the right one.

Reviving an old thread here. Updated to BS3 on my desktop and am considering the IPhone app for brew days. $12 is a fair whack on top of the subscription for the desktop version but that said it’s a bloody good program.

Anyone have any feedback on the latest mobile version? From what I gather it seems a little annoying you can’t just edit recipes in the cloud on the go. Rather you have to download them from the cloud on your phone, edit them on brewday if necessary and then re-upload them to the cloud to access the latest version on your pc.

Any thoughts are appreciated

Latest posts

Back