Beersmith inventory tools

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll have a play when I get home but there would be choices I'd like to be exempt from the deduction etc.

I like it, even though it is not 100% perfect. It is just a case of having a process that suits you.

I don’t rely on BS flagging I don’t have enough of something when I hit the remove inv. button as it can be a pain if it has already removed some stuff. Your inventory stocks show up in a column next to your additions in each recipe so I work it out that way - if it is showing low stocks I replace with something that I do have stock of before I proceed to remove.

Edit: I can then ignore things like water when it flags I don’t have any in inventory.

Re dry hopping 2 x cubes, I like the fact it takes it out so I don’t then overcommit myself on the next brew (as there are usually about 38 in the pipeline.....).

Again it is not perfect, but it gives a fairly accurate account of what you have. Also, I am lucky I had limited stock when I first started using BS so I didn’t have to spend hours adding everything in.

Hope this makes sense.

Tony

673A0AE4-D5C7-4ADD-90A6-EFD43BD666ED.jpeg 7AD31FAE-8769-4902-9DB3-F3C4089223BB.jpeg
To clarify, I am using the Windows version.

Pictures I forgot to put up yesterday, first is where the button is and the second is inventory column if anyone cares.

Its as I guessed which is good. Take water for example. It is exempt from the (remove from inventory) option. When you go to ingredients and click water to get up all the water profiles you'll notice it does not have Inventory in the columns. Therefore its exempt from the (remove from inv) scenario (eg: yeast) then click on yeast from the ingredients list and right click the top bar >brings the little window (customise columns) and remove inventory from the columns. That makes yeast exempt from the (remove from inventory) scenario. ;)
I'm sure that could have been explained better .....so I hope that made sense....

Its as I guessed which is good. Take water for example. It is exempt from the (remove from inventory) option. When you go to ingredients and click water to get up all the water profiles you'll notice it does not have Inventory in the columns. Therefore its exempt from the (remove from inv) scenario (eg: yeast) then click on yeast from the ingredients list and right click the top bar >brings the little window (customise columns) and remove inventory from the columns. That makes yeast exempt from the (remove from inventory) scenario. ;)
I'm sure that could have been explained better .....so I hope that made sense....

Nice work! I’m going to use that little trick for my yeast cause that’s the one thing that shits me.

Yeah its only place in the inventory as Packets! It would be tedious programming for all the yeast option scenario's but in the end its the count in Billions of cells etc. I fall back to notes on the yeast for every recipe. Chefs judgement and according to other yeast calculators as well as Beersmith has a yeast calculator as well but cant see it incorporated into the inventory so its better to take it out if you use the (remove from inventory) scenario...

It would be nice if it indicated on the recipe that inventory had been deducted, or if inventory history could be tracked. Or even a warning (inventory has already been deducted.....). I've forgotten, or double dipped too many times.

Yeah its only place in the inventory as Packets! It would be tedious programming for all the yeast option scenario's but in the end its the count in Billions of cells etc. I fall back to notes on the yeast for every recipe. Chefs judgement and according to other yeast calculators as well as Beersmith has a yeast calculator as well but cant see it incorporated into the inventory so its better to take it out if you use the (remove from inventory) scenario...

Exactly, pretty much what I do.

It would be nice if it indicated on the recipe that inventory had been deducted, or if inventory history could be tracked. Or even a warning (inventory has already been deducted.....). I've forgotten, or double dipped too many times.

It does to a degree I think, it has warned me previously that I have recently removed a recipe from inventory. Not sure what specifically triggers this but it worked that time.

Good point. When to click! like accounting, its bloody bean counting etc.
When to click (remove from inventory) is at the end of that brew day, chill or no chill. Basically, at least that can work for me. For Main ingredients basics, Grain, Malt, Sugars, Adjuncts and Hops.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back