Beersmith App For Android And Ios

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bignath

"Grains don't grow up to be chips, son"
Reaction score
Just had an email from Beersmith indicating it will be available soon, pending approval from both the android and apple stores.

You beauty!

Oooo might have to give Beersmith a try and see...if its decent I will jump on board for sure!

This is just a lite version with timer and recipes, no ability to design or adjust recipes yet. I think they plan on bringing this out later.

Will be good to have some Android app love and be able to use things on the go.

Yeah can't wait. Beersmith is a pretty good app. The version 2 is MILES ahead of version 1 - but still could do with a bit of tweaking.

Having only just purchased BeerSmith a couple of weeks ago, I love the idea of Android App. I like consistency so see how well it pairs with the full app.

Well I decided to do a quick Google Play Store search and it's arrived. A mere $4 and I am away.

Thoughts so far... It will definitely be handy. You can store your necessary recipes on the cloud or device (yet to test this as I can't be arsed going to my pc). The recipes included present well.

Having on board timer and calculators etc is fantastic so you don't need to have much bar your phone.

It also includes all Bjcp guidelines (means you don't need an app for that with stupid ads) aswell as a heap of ingredient info for yeast/grain etc.

But remember this isn't a full version so creating and amended recipes with specifics will definetly seal the deal for me and will no doubt get this aswell.

I just use a combination of brewaide and brewzor. Both free and they come with everything i need! :)

I'm guessing the app will only sync with Beersmith2 as the v1.4 I have doesn't support cloud storage.

Yeah Bs2 is connected to the cloud. You just right click on the recipe and add to cloud. You can store 10 recipes on the cloud for free which can be downloaded to your devices local storage and then deleted so you don't really need to pay for more.

Yeah Bs2 is connected to the cloud. You just right click on the recipe and add to cloud. You can store 10 recipes on the cloud for free which can be downloaded to your devices local storage and then deleted so you don't really need to pay for more.
This will be good and save me running back inside to check the PC with floor boards creaking and little Connor sleeping. I must have been in and out 5 times last brew day.

Still it will be good if we get the whole program as an app. I don't know if that's realistic or not though.

This will be good and save me running back inside to check the PC with floor boards creaking and little Connor sleeping. I must have been in and out 5 times last brew day.

Still it will be good if we get the whole program as an app. I don't know if that's realistic or not though.

In the email that came out it was at least a few months away before an Android/IOS version becomes available that allows recipe creation etc as per the full version.

Released today. At $3.95 it's the first app I've ever paid for. Haven't had a chance to explore it yet, but particularly love the look of the brew timer.

I've been using brewtimer app up til now, which was simple and did the job. but i had to insert the basic elements of the recipe..

I expect I need to upload my recipes via the cloud...

There is the current "Lite" and a later released "Full" version from what i understand on his FB. There is no discount if you own the Lite, then buy the Full. I'll stick with the desltop one for now. I'm on iOS here, and will wait to see if a Full iOS one comes out. Don't have any intention of buying a fancy version of what is in core, trial software.

It's a bit 'meh' really.

BrewAide (free) integrates very nicely with dropbox (free with 5GB). Simply export your recipe files to your dropbox folder and voila - you have your recipes on your phone with all the same features and functionality as BS Lite only with more storage.

What I find complete BS is that a full version will be out 'soon' and there will be no discount for those who got sucked into the Lite version - its only $4 I know, but for functionality that already exists its a bit of a con. At first I thought it would be good, then realised only 10 recipes can be uploaded to cloud before BS wants you to pay extra and there is a free alternative. Dropbox's 5GB should literally give you unlimited recipes to upload.

Back