Beersmith 2.0

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Recipe design page looks the goods

Awesome Fury has been playing with the beta. Looks sweet. A lot more pretty than the last version. I like the spot where you can put a picture of your own beer (very important i know).

Awesome Fury has been playing with the beta. Looks sweet. A lot more pretty than the last version. I like the spot where you can put a picture of your own beer (very important i know).

I think that is a great idea...especially if you share the recipe, people can see exactly how your beer turned out.

percentages recipe design! :beerbang:

This little slider thingy looks cool too... good for balancing beer in a graphical format. Adjust IBU and OG to fit in style and balanced to suit.
Design-details-web.png

Definitely looks like a very good upgrade. The new GUI suits current styles a lot more. Look forward to giving it a whirl.

Version 2 will be discounted somewhat for existing licence holders too apparently.

I've switched completely to Brewmate. :)

For what I want software for, I've found that BS is like hopping into a Mack B-double just to pop down the road for a bottle of milk.
However best of luck to them, I expect there are many who love exploring complex software and programming their Arduinos etc etc.

Now all they need is to get an iphone app as well.

One thing I wish they would add is a inventory related recipe search feature.

ie: Once you add in all of your in-stock ingredients into the inventory, you could perform a search through all of the existing recipes of which beers can be brewed with your existing stocks.

I'll be signing up as soon as the offer for existing users is released.
Looks good to me, and I'd be hopeful all the niggles with 1.4 has been been fixed.

Edit: Spellink

Yeah looks the goods.

The % design feature is a massive plus

I love Beersmith, and keep coming back to it after trying the others.

I must say though, that making it MORE complex and harder to navigate than the original is a bad move. The tabs inside movable windows inside side lists with those icons everywhere and non standard button locations looks like a giant, hard to use train crash. Classic case of design by engineer.

Multiple-Windows-web.png

UI expert needed ASAP at BeerSmith HQ.

Yeah looks the goods.

The % design feature is a massive plus

I have been testing it now for several months and I'm very pleased. There are lots of subtle refinements over 1.4, the GUI is very pleasant to use with the ability to hide/view the sidebar. My 1.4 recipe database imported seemlessly [800k]. For Linux users I have it running well under Wine - one MS library to get offline - for me anyway. I'm using PcLinuxOs but will also set up Ubuntu 11.04 to see how that behaves. Running it in Virtualbox [XP] is a no brainer. My impression after using it to actually brew is a top program, it is now even more flexible to the way we brew differently.

Steve

awesome! I've been holding off buying it until the new version comes out.

Congrats on the OS X native. That gives you pull over the competition.

However be warned that OS X users are ex-Windows users and can take harshly to over-complicated interfaces as a sign of lazy engineers from Windows trying to flog on the OS X platform without looking at what all the native OS X developers do, make the interfaces intuitive and friendly to the point you no longer need a manual or to ask m/any questions.

Cheers,
Brewer Pete

Back