Beerkat - Kegs & Growlers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beerkat Pty Ltd said:
I'll try and send a pic of it for you. Cost would be around $22. We saw you were keen to get heights for the 5L keg, we are taking pics and will give you measurements shortly. Hopefully this helps with your esky set up.
Cheers, I just bought the reg and will buy the adapter once it's available on the site, understand it'll be on back order.

You guys really go out of your way to help out, mass appreciation!

damoninja said:
Cheers, I just bought the reg and will buy the adapter once it's available on the site, understand it'll be on back order.

Cool, saw the order come through we will get this shipped Monday!

Here is a pic of the keg dimensions for you. Hope this helps mate.

View attachment Beerkat - 5ltr Dimensions.pdf

DU99 said:
even gives some locations for filling them
Unfortunately it doesn't look like they've asked the venues if they'll fill them. So I'd advise checking first to avoid disappointment.

Ross said:
Unfortunately it doesn't look like they've asked the venues if they'll fill them. So I'd advise checking first to avoid disappointment.
Hey Ross we personally call all the breweries listed on our site and the ones listed have advised they are happy to fill. In saying that over time they can change their mind about filling as sometimes a new manager comes on board etc... this all depends on their license and some venues prefer to fill glass over stainless or flip top over screw top. That's why we also suggest on our website to call the venue first to avoid disappointment and check their preferred filling times. The locations listed are listed as 'growler filling' not specifically keg filling as most locations prefer 2L due to time. Please let us know if you've visited a venue and they've refused to fill, we will touch base with them again and update our site. Cheers mate

Beerkat Pty Ltd said:
Cool, saw the order come through we will get this shipped Monday!

Here is a pic of the keg dimensions for you. Hope this helps mate.

attachicon.gif
Beerkat - 5ltr Dimensions.pdf
Awesome stuff!

Would it be any trouble to get the height to the top of the plastic ball locks? I won't actually have a tap attached to them just a line

Cheers

Beerkat Pty Ltd said:
Hey Ross we personally call all the breweries listed on our site and the ones listed have advised they are happy to fill. In saying that over time they can change their mind about filling as sometimes a new manager comes on board etc... this all depends on their license and some venues prefer to fill glass over stainless or flip top over screw top. That's why we also suggest on our website to call the venue first to avoid disappointment and check their preferred filling times. The locations listed are listed as 'growler filling' not specifically keg filling as most locations prefer 2L due to time. Please let us know if you've visited a venue and they've refused to fill, we will touch base with them again and update our site. Cheers mate
Well sorry, that isn't quite true - you didn't call us.

We are Bacchus Brewing Co & we have never filled S/S growlers, our licensing set-up doesn't currently allow it (though we are working on it). It's hard enough already with people turning up & being dissapointed when we won't fill, it certainly doesn't help if there's a site saying we do.

Ross
Bacchus Brewing Co.

Ross said:
Well sorry, that isn't quite true - you didn't call us.

We are Bacchus Brewing Co & we have never filled S/S growlers, our licensing set-up doesn't currently allow it (though we are working on it). It's hard enough already with people turning up & being dissapointed when we won't fill, it certainly doesn't help if there's a site saying we do.

Ross
Bacchus Brewing Co.
Ross, I'm sorry there has been a miscommunication. I'll chat will our team as we were advised you fill glass - we sell 2L Amber Glass Growlers. We definitely don't want you having people turning up and you not being able to fill nor do we want our customers dissapointed. We will remove the link on our site and look forward to coming in for a beer when we are back in Brisbane.

damoninja said:
Awesome stuff!

Would it be any trouble to get the height to the top of the plastic ball locks? I won't actually have a tap attached to them just a line

Cheers
No problem. 380mm to top of plastic ball locks

damoninja said:

Hey Damo

Have attached a couple of pics...

From what we can see this if this is the gas bottle you have, this should be the adapter you'll need. Just let us know..

We will let you know once they arrive. We expect they will be $22. Hopefully mid Feb!

Regards

Graham

View attachment 400g CO2 Gas Bottle _ T30 Thread.pdf

View attachment Beerkat | Adapter T30 - 5:8 18unf.pdf

Beerkat Pty Ltd said:
Hey Damo

From what we can see this if this is the gas bottle you have, this should be the adapter you'll need. Just let us know..

We will let you know once they arrive. We expect they will be $22. Hopefully mid Feb!

Regards

Graham
Them's the ones, looks like the same valve and all.

Happy to back order and wait :) :)

Thanks again guys

Beerkat Pty Ltd said:
Ross, I'm sorry there has been a miscommunication. I'll chat will our team as we were advised you fill glass - we sell 2L Amber Glass Growlers. We definitely don't want you having people turning up and you not being able to fill nor do we want our customers dissapointed. We will remove the link on our site and look forward to coming in for a beer when we are back in Brisbane.
:chug: Life goes on. :kooi: I"m sure Ross can sell brewers a bottle or two.

I think ya right mik, just cant see Flowrite's working on these rigs.. sparkler taps work a ******* treat though.. soooo..

over to you beerkat.. SS sparklers too :lol:

Beerkat Pty Ltd said:
Hey Damo

Regards

Graham
Without being too cheeky :ph34r: :ph34r: do these come in an elbow? Having an impossible time finding type 30 male to female in an elbow....... if this can be an elbow that'd save me another fitting, else I might try 5/8 to 5/8 in elbow...

Shannon and Yob,

I'll like to see these added to our 'Mini Keg Bulk Buy MKIV'....possible??
Carbonation caps.

904a5a_1461cf3f18b345319df22c0747020392mv2_d_2448_3264_s_4_2.jpg

Back