Beergun Stainless Bottle Filler

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Ross,
Just confirmed with PM.

Many thanks
:beer:
Mothballs

Ok,

Ordering tomorrow morning & will hopefully have by Monday - so closing orders tomorrow 10.00 am:

Ross + fittings - confirmed
Sluggerdog + fittings - confirmed
Thunderlips + fittings - confirmed
Gulf Brewery + fittings - confirmed
Jazza Fish + Fittings - confirmed
Mothballs + fittings - confirmed
Sean + fittings - confirmed
Ozbrewer + fittings confirmed
J Griffen + fittings - confirmed
Apocrine + fittings - confirmed

Green Iguana + fittings ???

Just waiting on Yea or nay from GI & any last minute orders...

Cheers Ross...

Apolgies Ross....The minister has deemed this to be excessive after such a recent march pump purchase...I is out

:-(

OK- The guns have arrived :D

I'll pm each of you with my bank details:
Please send me a pm once you have deposted the money to speed up the process & confirm freight option .

Beer Gun with fittings ($140)
Standard freight is $4.65 to anywhere in Aus.
Reg + full insurance add $3.60 (total $8.25).

Anyone coming to MAH's get together at Oxford 152 @ Bulimba (This Wednesday) can save on freight.

Edit: Bank details sent P.S. Make sure you give me your postal addresses...

Cheers Ross

All interstate guns posted yesterday, so you should all have for the weekend :)

I stuffed up on the postage, as I thought the accessory kit was in the pack, but turns out it was seperate - bumped the weight from .490 gm to 740gms. I'll pm the difference, sorry...

I'll hand deliver all the Brisbane guns today/tomorrow to save any extra cost.

Cheers Ross...

Great stuff Ross.....Cant wait to test it out on the weekend.

Have you fired yours up yet?

Cheers

Ross said:
All interstate guns posted yesterday, so you should all have for the weekend :)

I stuffed up on the postage, as I thought the accessory kit was in the pack, but turns out it was seperate - bumped the weight from .490 gm to 740gms. I'll pm the difference, sorry...

I'll hand deliver all the Brisbane guns today/tomorrow to save any extra cost.

Cheers Ross...
[post="82240"][/post]​
Arrived this morning - thanks Ross.

guys,

If you check the postage cost on the parcels, you'll see it was a bit higher than quoted. If you get a chance, drop us the difference - but don't sweat over it... :)

I'm just having a look at this now. Trying to work out how the gas works..

Am I right in saying you need to have gas going to the keg and also gas going to the gun? If so it looks like I need to add an extra t-piece with a shut off valve that will connect to the gun for it to work... hmm anyone know where I can get something like this?

Got mine today Ross...

Thanks for that. I will fix you up with the extra postage costs asap.

How did everyone go on the weekend with their new toy?

How did you set the gas up? I'm a little unsure how to do this unless I can find a t-piece with a valve shut off..???

Sluggerdog,

This is how I've got mine setup and working well.
I have a dual pressure regulator. One gas line goes to the gun directly and is used to purge the bottle of air.
The other gas line goes to the keg and the pressure is set low enough to allow the beer to flow to the bottle via the gun at a speed that isn't too fast as to foam when it hit the bottle and not too slow that the beer de-gasses in the beerline enroute.
It also works much better if you cool the bottles. I put them in the freezer for 5 mins with glad wrap over the neck.

Beers,
Doc

Doc and others.

It always pays to freeze your bottles for CP filling as you said. What I do is sanitize them the night before and just cap them empty (caps are cheap after all). Leave them in freezer for 24 hours and CP fill basically hassle-free. Rip the cap off and fill and then put on a new cap.

I've found the extra time in freezer makes a big difference. :beerbang:

Warren -

Doc said:
Sluggerdog,

This is how I've got mine setup and working well.
I have a dual pressure regulator. One gas line goes to the gun directly and is used to purge the bottle of air.
The other gas line goes to the keg and the pressure is set low enough to allow the beer to flow to the bottle via the gun at a speed that isn't too fast as to foam when it hit the bottle and not too slow that the beer de-gasses in the beerline enroute.
It also works much better if you cool the bottles. I put them in the freezer for 5 mins with glad wrap over the neck.

Beers,
Doc
[post="83328"][/post]​

Thanks doc but what do you do with the gas line that goes to the gun while your not using the gun? wouldn't gas come out or am I missing something?

I don't leave my gun connected Slugger. After filling I flush and dissassemble the hoses to dry. I used the flared disconnects, so I can just unscrew them to allow it all to dry.

You get a little gas leakage while filling, but it is minimal and this is covered in the FAQ at the back of the user manual for it.

Beers,
Doc

OK best way for me to explain is to show you my dramas. attached is 2 pictures, one is a diagram of what my current gas line situation is and one is a pic of the accessory kit.

I need to somehow connect the accessory kit to my gas setup and be able to remove it with any dramas.

Any suggestions? What parts do I need to change?

Thanks

my_gas_setup.jpg

BeerGun_connection_kit.jpg

Back