Beergas in Adelaide

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NuggetSA

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting my kegs up and running again - are there many options in Adelaide for CO2 without having to pay BOC a bloody fortune? Did a search but didn't find much.

Have you got your own gas cylinder?
If you're not buying, your stuck with the usual hiring mobs and ongoing costs. If you've got a cylinder in date, Beerbelly and Ceasefire at Hindmarsh are two I know that fill. There's probably a few others around too, but I haven't looked any further.

Nah I don't, need to buy one so looking at Brewcraft and Beerbelly - bit of a bugger as they're a fair drive for me but I guess it'll last a while.

Ceasfire in Hindmarsh will refill just about any CO2 bottle. They can also test and recertify bottles.

They have a number of bottles for sale also.

Ken is the man. Call before you go there as they are often out on jobs with the office unattended. Word is that if you take a couple of bottles of home brew with you, you might get a better deal. Tell him you were told that and see what he says because I took some beer with me and did not get a discount (but I didn't hit him up for one). I see nothing wrong with plonking bottles on the table and asking 'What's the best price you can do?", in hindsight I should have tried that approach.

may be worth asking Ken at ceasefire about a screw down cylinder valve in an old fire extinguisher... that's what i got....

I get mine filled in Darwin at a place called Air Liquide. Costs like $30 for a refill. Looks like they have a location in SA.

printed forms section said:
may be worth asking Ken at ceasefire about a screw down cylinder valve in an old fire extinguisher... that's what i got....
Last I spoke with him he was not able to find a screw down valve to suit the extinguisher bottles. Has Ken finally been able to do that?

Malted said:
Last I spoke with him he was not able to find a screw down valve to suit the extinguisher bottles. Has Ken finally been able to do that?
He may have had a prod in the right direction from 'someone'.... :D but yep he knows where to get em and had a few last time I was in there.

printed forms section said:
He may have had a prod in the right direction from 'someone'.... :D but yep he knows where to get em and had a few last time I was in there.
Sweet. Thanks for that bit of info. Reckon I will try for a twist valve next refill!

Back