Beerfest 2016 - Melbourne Brewers 26-27 Feb

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW!

2 X 3rd place.... I'll take that :)

6th in pale ale not to bad with 43 entries...

fairly surprised that my barrel aged porter bombed out so hard... I thought that was the best of the 4! haha

congrats Dan, pretty consistent hey? 2 podiums and three top 10's - very tidy!

I see there's still no update on who got the novice brewer ???

It's on count back- we found we had some out of date info from vicbrew.

ah ok

btw- my mrs was looking at the results with me and she wanted to know why the person with the last name "kolsch" appeared multiple times in one category...god love her :)

A big thanks to all that made Beerfest happen. Thanks for also getting the results out so quickly!!!

Very happy with 1st place in pale ale.

Edgebrew said:
A big thanks to all that made Beerfest happen. Thanks for also getting the results out so quickly!!!

Very happy with 1st place in pale ale.
The pale ales were a very hard slog with 43.. so I am sure ur pale ale stood out from the crowd and deserved the win.. good brewing

Grainer said:
The pale ales were a very hard slog with 43.. so I am sure ur pale ale stood out from the crowd and deserved the win.. good brewing
Cheers. Thanks for doing it.

I'd like to give judging a go.

Edgebrew said:
Cheers. Thanks for doing it.

I'd like to give judging a go.
Get along to the comps mate, just come as a guest to the next one and talk to the comp director, they'll usually try to get you at a table just as an extra for a bit, kind of like a warm up before you can commit to a whole flight, then pop over and see the chief steward who will likely let you steward a few out, get a feel for which role your like, some folks do both depending on how many hands are available over the comp.

Big shout out to all the stewards for this comp, ran very smoothly thanks to all the effort put in over the weekend (and even in the preparation) its a tough gig and comps don't run smoothly without that prep work, so again, well done stewards it was as smooth as silk and would not have been so without each of your inputs.

Echoing Yob's comments, the biggest contributor to what was a successful comp was people willing to put there hand up to volunteer, and then showing up when they said they would.
None of our tables blew out the timings thanks to stewards being in control which was great.
Not to downplay the work of the judges themselves, not an easy job at all. Hand cramps main problem.
Big well done also to AndyD, Getting the comp results sorted and published including score sheets available online within 2hrs of judging finishing has to be some form of record.
There's a hell of a lot of work that goes on behind the scenes for the comps to happen, so well done to all of those people.

Cheers Mudd.

My hands were killing by the end trying to get through the flight..and I got an offsider to scribe .. hehehe.. yeah i know.. SOFT!! not used to writing so much ... computers.. the next generation of judging.. straight into compmaster with iPADS.. hint hint :)
and I hope we did justice to the beers with the scoresheets..

mudd said:
It's on count back- we found we had some out of date info from vicbrew.
any word yet? got my hopes on this bad boy :) prize is actually epic as.

Good luck.. i got it last year and was amazaed how much there was.. wonderful to have such huge support from the sponsors

I know one criteria, and that's the you must not have placed 1, 2 or 3 ever before.

I think you got it Dan.

"Awarded to the highest placed brewer who has not previously received a placing at a Vicbrew compeition." is what I found on the MM IPA brew comp results.

Yes this is correct.. how many placings did you get Dan.. 2 may do it? Most of the people i saw get placings have placed in previous comps...good luck to all the people up for the award

A second may do it.. depends on countbacks and entries.. the suspense is great lol... drum roll!!!

Back