Beerfest 2016 - Melbourne Brewers 26-27 Feb

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Judging winding up.

1456552664679.jpg

Late entry into the pale lager category. 0.8% Hahn with Simcoe hop shot.

1456553371909.jpg

G'day all,

Well, Beerfest 2016 is wrapped up after a great couple of days - if you didn't get up here you missed out!

Results and scoresheets are all online on CompMaster now (sorry for the delay :) )

Summary
Full Results

Well done to everyone who placed, and a big thank-you to everyone who came out to the Royal George Hotel to make this a successful competition.

Cheers!

Andy

thanks to all - really appreciate results up so quick like that!

have a great night and a good brekky eh

well done all, and WOW the results so quick, thank god (Andy) for computers :)

Well done to the winners.

Thanks for the feedback which is what I was mainly after.

Hopefully I can use it to make some major improvements to my rookieness...

Thanks guys.. GREAT weekend and thank you to everyone involved.

Thank-you for the promptness of the results. Very much appreciated!

How's the head, Grainer? How many Specialties did you end up judging?

Looks like a big day for all.

ps - Bayside FTW!

43 Pale Ales.. sat and about 10 or so Specialties fri. (Not including mine)we swapped judges for that.. a judge failed to show i think so i was called in at the last minute.. was never meant to judge friday.. but it was fun.

Clubs need to start putting judges forward to help the fellow clubs out.. its a good experience and great to help out fellow brewers and learn a few things as well. .. like .. i dont want to judge 43 Pale Ales again LOL..

It seems with most comps on the forum that the winners and people who got on the podium don't really celebrate their winnings on the thread?

I would have thought the organisers and all the judges, stewards and volunteers would want to see some celebration, confirming the validity and success of the comp? ...it's all very polite and people keep quite a low profile - is this just our Australian way of keeping things in check?

I don't want to keep things in check, and erm, a bit like one judges comment on my "other" entry, it's "underwhelming"

...with a 3rd place - equal points to 2nd place and squeezing out Yob I feel like runnning naked through the countryside and telling everyone about it and posting about it here - no?

droid said:
It seems with most comps on the forum that the winners and people who got on the podium don't really celebrate their winnings on the thread?

I would have thought the organisers and all the judges, stewards and volunteers would want to see some celebration, confirming the validity and success of the comp? ...it's all very polite and people keep quite a low profile - is this just our Australian way of keeping things in check?

I don't want to keep things in check, and erm, a bit like one judges comment on my "other" entry, it's "underwhelming"

...with a 3rd place - equal points to 2nd place and squeezing out Yob I feel like runnning naked through the countryside and telling everyone about it and posting about it here - no?
Congratulations on the win

Grainer said:
Congratulations on the win
erm, placing...

thankyou and may i say...

CONGRATS TO YOU ! and if i had been there i'd spray some beer on you, that was a big score!

droid said:

Consider your placing celebrated (in your own naked way). Well done though, there were some great beers in specialty-very hotly contested category.
As for celebrating we tend to do plenty at the event.

Cheers Mudd.

Back