Beerfest 2016 - Melbourne Brewers 26-27 Feb

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mudd

Reaction score
Yob said:
gladwrap glass entries?
ahh yes it is not necessary to wrap the bottle in glad wrap, I don't get it..... Stewards are busy enough without having to remove several layers of clingy plastic.

If your posting in an entry "bubble wrap" is appropriate. Not necessary if your dropping off at a pickup point though.

So do you want them glad wrapped Yob?

I'll stick my hand-up to Steward, as long as the glass bottles aren't required to be glad-wrapped. If you're not living on the edge, you're taking-up too much room.. :wacko:

Besides, Stewards are expendable, right? :eek:

So if your interested in judging or stewarding can you email your full name, mobile phone number and which session you are available for to Rich at [email protected]
Friday evening (about 7pm start)
Saturday morning
Saturday afternoon
Or all 3. Meal is provided for stewards and judges.

Also let us know what categories you enter in so we can put you in another category/table.
If you have a preference for style (ie. pale lagers) then put that in also.

OK the other thread doesnt pop up in recent posts so just a bump in this one (sorry for the duplication).

Beerfest is now in Compmaster ready for entries to go in.
http://www.compmaste...page/selectcomp
Sign up or login (right hand side) before accessing link to the competition to prevent errors. Entries are $10

Just a reminder that this year we have specialties category back. We are expecting that to be a bumper category as there has been a real interest in making beers outside of the traditional styles in recent times.

Also we are still short of judges and stewards (depending how many entries we get) put your name forward (PM me) even if you can only make it to 1 session.

Link to categories http://www.melbourne...ines-categories
Link to accommodation options for competition weekend http://www.melbourne...ent-information

Note compmaster admin is not available for a bit so any questions post them here and I'll see if I can answer them.

Cheers
Brendan Coffey
Competion Manager
Melbourne Brewers

Those entering specialty styles should specify base style AND specialty ingredient. 'Belgian fruit beer' doesn't cut it and is impossible to judge fairly if that's the kind of details the judges get. Chocolate hazelnut robust porter, belgian golden strong with bretannomyces, Elderberry & hibiscus saison, etc.

Judge director - a bit unrealistic maybe but spec cat judges should have access to copies of all aabc styles so they can judge base beer and specialty ingredient properly. Base beer must be good, spec ingredient must be discernible, well integrated and add something worthwhile to the overall.

Good luck mb. Good to see the George is getting another run. Great pub. Go easy on friday you saturday morning judges (yes you know who you are).

Latest posts

Back