Beerbelly Hop Screen

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fifthpinned06

Reaction score
Hi Peoples,

Just wondering if anybody has one of those hop screen cylinders that you can buy off the beer belly website??

If so are they any good? Looking to upgrade my rig ie. Plate Chiller, couple extra fittings for whirlpool so on and so forth, any thoughts on kettle design would be much appreciated :)

got one works pretty good at keeping cones out, pellets unfortunately go straight through but would do that on most systens

Yeh was kinda thinking that 2mm perforations wouldnt stop much from the pellets
thanks mate

if i whirl pool i barely get any hops or trub through.
works well. seriously it going to have bloody small holes and would block up pretty quick

1x hop screen

El cheapo SS mesh
With a 10-15min whirlpool
No problem

b6efb573-e4d2-e971.jpg

b6efb573-e4bd-ad5a.jpg

b6efb573-e4e8-f773.jpg

b6efb573-e4f8-90ee.jpg

Very nice idea BF.

Similar to the old SS scrubbie method, which I'll probably be using once the old pickup tube arrives (mainly for using flowers though, and if the location of the pickup tube is correct, may not even be needed)

Sponge

if i whirl pool i barely get any hops or trub through.
works well. seriously it going to have bloody small holes and would block up pretty quick
Same here and that's in a 70L pot with flat base. It works very well and can pull it out for cleaning.
I whirlpool for all of 30 seconds ten drain to cube.
It's the same as having a False Bottom in there, only better positioned. It's worth the cost but as per above, cheaper solutions can work just fine.

Back