Beer Week (vic)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yob

Hop to it
Reaction score
Gday all, was chatting with the Manager of the GB the other week about an upcoming event he has planned which sounds like a doozy.

"snip from the GB newsletter"

The GB will be hosting an event From home brewer to pro brewer. Here are the dates:

The future of craft beer is in the hands of the home brewers! Boatrocker Brewing Company, in conjunction with the Great Britain Hotel in Richmond, are proud to present seven Gold Medal winning beers of the Australian International Beer Awards, from home brewers who turned pro-brewer. In the mix are Mountain Goat, Feral, Holgate, 4 Pines, 2 Brothers and Boatrocker, plus special guest Eric Ottaway from Brooklyn Brewery. $25 gets you seven x 170ml tasters of each Gold Medal winning beer, a chance to chat to the brewers, food from the Mexican grill, and entry into an awesome raffle (prize packs from each brewery, a $100 voucher from Grain and Grape, and a 25kg sack of Crisp malt).
Tickets will go on sale in April. So be quick and seal the deal before it is too late.

Happy to co-ordinate ticket purchases with y'all..

edit: I think it's going to be a Monday night (TBC) for all those considering going to school the next day (I aint) ;)

1: iamozziyob

Gday all, was chatting with the Manager of the GB the other week about an upcoming event he has planned which sounds like a doozy.

The GB will be hosting an event 'From home brewer to pro brewer'. Here are the dates:

The future of craft beer is in the hands of the home brewers! Boatrocker Brewing Company, in conjunction with the Great Britain Hotel in Richmond, are proud to present seven Gold Medal winning beers of the Australian International Beer Awards, from home brewers who turned pro-brewer. In the mix are Mountain Goat, Feral, Holgate, 4 Pines, 2 Brothers and Boatrocker, plus special guest Eric Ottaway from Brooklyn Brewery. $25 gets you seven x 170ml tasters of each Gold Medal winning beer, a chance to chat to the brewers, food from the Mexican grill, and entry into an awesome raffle (prize packs from each brewery, a $100 voucher from Grain and Grape, and a 25kg sack of Crisp malt).
Tickets will go on sale in April. So be quick and seal the deal before it is too late.

edit: I think it's going to be a Monday night (TBC) for all those considering going to school the next day (I aint) ;)

No school for me, but weekday, two babies and four hours in the car don't mix :(

The GB will be hosting an event 'From home brewer to pro brewer'. Here are the dates:

2: mmmyummybeer for 2 tickets.

Sounds great count us in, thanks for organizing tickets as I imagine they will sell out fast. Can bring cash to the BAR swap for them if that helps? otherwise let us know how you want to organize it.

Cheers

1: iamozziyob x 4 tickets
2: mmmyummybeer x 2 tickets
3: 2much2spend x2 tix

4: Wolfy x1

Hi Everyone! My name is Matt from Boatrocker. I'm helping organise the event "Home Brewer to Probrewer", and though I should jump on here and do some shameless spruiking... I hope you don't mind!
Just to keep you updated, we've got some amazing beers in the lineup (including an incredible imperial stout), with brewers from most breweries/brewing companies...

Those confirmed with brewers are - :
* Mountain Goat
* Feral
* Holgate
* Boatrocker

There will be a rep from 4 pines, and also the GM from Brooklyn Brewery.
All will give a brief chat about the beers, and will be able to answer questions in an informal environment over a few quiet ones.
Speaking of quiet ones, you will get 7 x 170ml tasters of each beer, PLUS some hot off the grill mexican food, PLUS an automatic entry to win a case of each of the breweries beers PLUS a chance to win a Grain and Grape voucher valued at $100, plus a bag of Crisp Malt.
All for only $25... Possibly the best value event of Good Beer Week!

If you're keen to know what to do (or what not to do) to take homebrewing to the next level, or you're just keen on great beer & great food, then this event on the 14th May is a must.

It's at the Great Britain in Richmond, one of the greatest pubs in Melbourne, serving some of the best craft beers available.

Hopefully we can catch quite a few of you there! Feel free to tell as many people as you think may be interested!

Cheers,

Matt

Lock me in for this one!
I've taken the whole week off, its gonna be a rager!

Hopefully we can catch quite a few of you there! Feel free to tell as many people as you think may be interested!
Hey Matt,

Good to have you on board.
When will we be able to book? Last I checked there was no link or way to make bookings yet.

Tickets are a given if interest is shown here... Im sure there are other ways to get them but looking out for us is a given.. Any names left here will have entry at the door.. will chat to the staff and make sure.. Pretty sure we can get a list for the door.. Im happy to coordinate with the management here.

Yob

4: Wolfy x1
5: Jace x 2

11 tickets

1: iamozziyob x 4
2: mmmyummybeer x 2
3: 2much2spend x 2
4: Wolfy x 1
6: DU99 x 2

13 tickets

ED:

Just for clarity, I have nothing to gain by this, My affiliation if any, is that this has been my Local for many years and even though I live out the burbs now I still go every Tuesday Night for a few games of pool and to catch up with friends from the area and kick their asses in a few games of pool.

Love that pub it's a freakin icon..

:icon_drunk:

do you know what time it starts ?

1: iamozziyob x 4
2: mmmyummybeer x 2
3: 2much2spend x 2
4: Wolfy x 1
6: DU99 x 2
7: StraussyStrauss x 1

14 tixs

:icon_cheers: