Beer Value Calculator

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryanator

Reaction score
Hi all,

We created a Beer Value Calculator to help everyone get value for money when frequenting the liquor store in these hard economic times. Once you have put in the required information, you will be provided with three results:
1. Beer Value - The higher the value the better!
2. Alcohol % Per Dollar - The percentage of alcohol you get per dollar spent.
3. Our Rating - The beer's value out of 10!

We have only just launched it and if any improvements spring to mind, let me know!

The website is (sic)shooters. There is an Applications drop-down box and a link to the Beer Value Calculator in there. Unfortunately I can't provide a direct link to it (damn you JavaScript!).

Cheers!

Ryan

VB is twice as good as Chimay Blue? I did not know that. Thanks for the heads up.

How would dry sherry at $10 for a 2L flagon rate on this system?

Assuming an abv of 12% (as high as it goes) it gets a respectable 9/10.

I will warn that taste is not accounted for as it is subjective to the person using the application. We'll probably make it a little more advanced in the future so that taste can be accounted for and also broaden its scope a little so you can get the value of bottles of spirits and stuff.

But yeah, its main purpose at the moment is to determine beer that is good value for money. Generally shite tasting beers such as Emu Export rate really well.

So it's all based on cost of getting smashed rule??

K+K FTW!!

That's basically it. How cheaply you can get smashed. It would be interesting to compare a few home brews on it. I'm pretty sure a few K+K brews would score a 10.

And the farmland toucan sugar monster wins again.

Back