Beer Tragedy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big78sam

Frequent poster - My post count is no reflection o
Reaction score
It's a tragedy. I've run out of beer!

2 kegs were both getting low so I brewed another 2 23 litre batches. The first beer seemed a bit below average at first but not infected so I reused the yeast. It's getting worse the longer I leave it and both seem pretty clearly infected now. 46 litres of beer down the drain. Both of the current kegs also blew in the same few days.

To top it all off my urn broke during the last brew so no brewing for me until I get it fixed. :angry:

Looks like I'll be buying beers for a few weeks...

Oh I hate that yeahhh.
happened to me no infections just piss heads visited 3 50l kegs in 2 days.
oh I hate that yeah.
you know what I hate.
I hate when you wake up in the morning, turn the brewery on and the RCDs trip cos the elements are fucked.
Oh I hate that.

Oh I hate that yeahhh.
happened to me no infections just piss heads visited 3 50l kegs in 2 days.
oh I hate that yeah.
you know what I hate.
I hate when you wake up in the morning, turn the brewery on and the RCDs trip cos the elements are fucked.
Oh I hate that.

whadda ya hate boargy???

images.jpg

Exactly what happend to me earlier in the year.
Reused the yeast and ended up with 46 liters of infected undrinkable beer.
I should have known better, I thought the first brew had a slight off taste when I put it on keg but hadn't had an infection for very long so I just went ahead and reused the yeast. I know better now.

I had not bought a beer for 4 years except for when going out before this.
I used it as an opportunity to try a lot of microbrews to learn what can be done.

I plugged the kettle in to do my next brew and the breaker trips without turning the switch on! I pull the base off and the neutrel is touching the earth :(. Ah well i got 30l to bottle and keg. Then a cheapman's IPA on.

Back