Beer tools/ how to brew.com

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SIMO

Reaction score
I'm interested in other peoples experiences with these two sites.
I've found them to be invaluable tools for recipe formulation etc.
www.beertools.com
www.howtobrew.com

Search beer tools on "sims" to find some of my recent recipes

Feedback welcome
SiMo :p

Hi Simo,

I was recently over at ESB and was speaking to Barry (while I was picking up some Munich grain) and he reconmended the beertools.com site to me.

I, as I think everyone has, have already stumbled across http://www.howtobrew.com/ - as you mentioned an invaluable resource!

The beertools site looks great for the more experienced mash/extract brewer (I'll get there one day).

I am looking at implementing a similar recipe databased where people can store/access users recipes :chug:

Moved thread to The Pub

I have been using beertools for a while now, and it keeps getting better. They seem to be slowly putting in more malt extracts that you can find in Australia (Morgan's Extra Pale, for example) which I find quite helpful. Hopefully this trend will continue and the generator will become more "Australian Friendly" over time.

Cheers,
Pete

:chug:

Thanks guys for the comments and links etc i'll check em out .
May be these could be added to the links page.
SiMo :D

Yeah I am starting to put the other sections in today - the links/retailers/etc pages.

These will all be on there!

:D
just checked out beertools

one word coment

WOW ,
bloody excellent!

ok 3 words :p

thanks
simo for the link

:chug:

Started reading "How to Brew" last night. Excellent stuff. It's all clear as wort now ......

Thanks for the link.

Good on you guys ,

Use the recipe generator for practising recipes etc on b/tools.
When happy make the beer and you've got a record of the exact recipe you used.

Remember to fill in the aa% when using the the recipe formulator to get an accurate read out of ibu's.
Also mash effeciency and boil vol are important too.
when i put in the right specs the beer comes out pretty damn close sg etc (give it a go)
This site is also a great way to share recipes. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back