Beer Theme Park And Champs-elysees Bar

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
My god how much will they be charging for a beer ? Heineken already has the premium price tag, but drinking it at a bar on the Champs-Elysees I'm sure will make it even more expensive.
The theme park sounds interesting though :lol: A beer slide maybe ?

Beers,
Doc

HEINEKEN TO OPEN BAR IN PARIS
Copyright 2005 by United Press International.

PARIS -- Dutch beer giant Heineken will try to revive beer appreciation in wine-centric France with its first Champs-Elysees bar.

The beer manufacturer pans to open a bar-lounge in early July on one of the world's most exclusive addresses.

The bar will be called "Beer Culture," France's Liberation newspaper reported Thursday.

Heineken is expected to whet French interests by sending a free magazine to more than 1 million potential customers.

Meanwhile, Heineken's top rival and No. 1 beer manufacturer -- the InBev group -- plans to open a theme park on beer in northern France.

Beer consumption, along with wine, has declined significantly in France in recent years, worrying producers of both beverages

Doc said:
PARIS -- Dutch beer giant Heineken will try to revive beer appreciation in wine-centric France with its first Champs-Elysees bar.

[post="64842"][/post]​

This always puzzles me :huh: France may be wine-centric. However my beer experiences of France always seem to be positive. Being so close to Belgium France's beer scene is pretty similar albeit a scaled-down version. Supermarkets are full of beers from around Europe at very good prices. Good cafes are fairly easy to find serving Belgian/Euro beers and some pretty good French ones too.

That said you're right about Heineken though. Very rapidly winning the title of 'Euro-Bud' or 'Euro-VB'. Only chance they've got of winning the punters around Champs Elyses is to maybe do a Heineken-Krug form of black and tan.

Or would that be a gold and piss? :lol:

Warren -

Doc said:
My god how much will they be charging for a beer ? Heineken already has the premium price tag, but drinking it at a bar on the Champs-Elysees I'm sure will make it even more expensive.
The theme park sounds interesting though :lol: A beer slide maybe ?
Beers,
Doc

Meanwhile, Heineken's top rival and No. 1 beer manufacturer -- the InBev group -- plans to open a theme park on beer in northern France.

[post="64842"][/post]​

That brings up instant thoughts of Homer J at the DUFF beer park....... :beerbang:

Back