Beer Tasting Today At Dan Murphy's Brisbane

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

CraftBrewer
Reaction score
Hi all Brisbanites,

Got a call from Chad telling me about a beer tasting at Dan murphys today at Springwood between 1pm & 4pm. So thought I'd pass on the details.

50 imported & premium beers on offer for free - just pay $5 for your souvenir tasting glass & then help yourself.
Seems like a pretty good deal... just need to sort out a lift now :) Hopefully see some of you there.

Cheers Ross

Thanks to Dan Murphys for putting this on, they ended up have a pretty good range of wheats and pale ale/IPA... even though a lot were English :( :D just a little disappointed that the server for Mildura brewery did turn up so we didnt get to try their beers. Well worth the $5 as a learning experience and being able to sample so many beers side by side.

How did you find it Ross? Looked like you were in a deep conversation with Ian when Chad and I left for our lift.

I was a tad pissed by the time i left - got a taste for Scottish wee heavy at 8.5% :chug:
Was certainly great value, had a ball... :)

cheers Ross

I was in Dan Murphys at Middle Park on Sat afternoon grabbing a couple of extras before heading to a mate's place for St Patrick's day BBQ and I saw the sign for the thing...

I would definitely have been there otherwise...

Regarding Mildura I can recommend the Cloudy and the Heavy. I tried the lager and the honey wheat and wasn't that impressed, but then I'd had a few by then so it isn't a great guide.

The Cloudy in particular I liked. Sort of a JS Golden ale with a bit more malt but still a nice Amarillo flavour...

I was in Dan Murphys at Middle Park on Sat afternoon grabbing a couple of extras

I reckon we coulda passed in the isle... I was doing likewise at the same store Sat afternoon. Didn't see the sign though... too busy studying the shelves.

Back