Beer Tasting in Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chesl73

Reaction score
I haven't been brewing for very long and reading about different beer styles and malts and sweetness and bitterness and caramel and biscuit and so on, really when I drink a beer I'll either like the taste or I won't, that's roughly the only tasting I really understand.
It would be great to learn and understand some of the subtles a bit more.
So I was wondering, a bit like the way you can go on wine tasting sessions/courses to understand the different styles and the tastes you are looking for, is there something similar (in Melbourne) for beer? Does anyone do this where they take you through some styles and talk about the flavours etc?

Thanks

Yes. There will be heaps of things on during Good Beer Week, but there are things on here and there - nothing permanent that I know of.

Your best bet is to start purchasing some commercial examples of styles for a good bottle shop, reading up on that particular beer online and seeing what you get out of it. You'll also pick up a lot on this forum.

Or, join a brew club.

There are some great clubs in Melbourne. Where are you located Cheswick?

Another option is to steward for a competition. Just did my first one. You'll get a chance to try lots of different styles, often brewed by the folks you meet.

Latest posts

Back