Beer Tap Quality question.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trustyrusty

Reaction score
Hi

I am looking at taps on eBay and see some between 25.00 to 30.00, (think chrome finish) 80mm shank etc. I was at the pub today and if I look at the taps the look exactly the same. I did not see more expensive taps unless they had flow control. I phoned local hbs and was quoted 95.00 and I was told about cheap ones eBay. I thought I would give the local a chance and prefer to support local but are "cheap" ones that bad or are there no cheap ones, I am just being charged 95.00 for same thing? 60.00 is a huge difference.. thanks

Yes, cheap ones are that bad. Buy quality, but once when it comes to taps.

There are a few types of good taps, if it is 95 for a stainless Perlick, not bad. Then you also have Intertaps, good Keg King units. You could also go something like Andale taps, I have the DA type Andale aswell, very nice.
But whatever you do, ONLY BUY STAINLESS!!!!! Don't cheap out with chrome shanks either.
Also just because it is flow control doesn't mean it is better.

I have 3 flow control intertaps and they are great. I think they where $60 each. Same shop has SS intertap (non FC) for $40. Add on other $38 for a 100mm stainless shank.

Back