Beer Style of the Moment: June 2013

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What style are you most into right now?

• Lagers (general)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • American Pale Ale

• English Pale Ale

• US IPA

• UK IPA

• Porter/Stout

• Belgian

• Weizen/Wheat/Wit

• Brown/Amber Ale

• Other

• Total voters

Spiesy

Illmatic
Reaction score
Just wondering what styles people are really enjoying right now? What's doing it for you?

Disclaimer:
  • I'm aware we're in May; but we're closer to June, the beginning of winter. It would be nice to compare the results found in here to the beginning of other seasons.
  • Sorry, can't fit all styles in. If you don't think the style you're digging fits any of these categories - you'll have to vote 'other', or not vote at all. Of course, feel free to mention what style it is in the thread, regardless.
  • I know that selecting one style only may be a little tricky for most, me included... it is what it is, and should yield some interesting (or non-interesting) results.
Cheers.

Pity there is not the facility for multiple choice.
Most of us would be into more than one style concurrently.

I would also have voted Porter and APA, but could click only one option.

warra48 said:
Pity there is not the facility for multiple choice.
Most of us would be into more than one style concurrently.

I would also have voted Porter and APA, but could click only one option.
There is the ability, but it's disabled.

I thought one choice would provide more a more conclusive poll result.

I'm interested to see if people's taste in beer changes with the season... and I'm generally interested in English v American popularity - selfish reasons, of course. ;)

I've recently polished off an English Pale Ale, just kegged an American Pale Ale, and now pitched fresh this morning a 2 can of Coopers Stout and Coopers Dark Ale.

I haven't really been taking into considerations the seasons up until now, might brew an AG Irish Red next.

I'm going to attempt my first Porter tomorrow.

Stone & Wood's "Stone" beer has really got me in the mood for some roasted malts... what a ripper of a beer.

I'm also enjoy a good dunkelweizen this time of year. For me it is a good cold weather quaffer.

i do see alot of threads for the odd dunkelwizen, i have not brewed one in years, use to be my favourite style

i'm all about scotch ales at the moment, can't get enough, every second or third batch for almost a year

Kegged my first Sweet Stout the other day and just tried it tonight.........I think I found another favourite! Vote 1 for the APA however.

I really enjoy creamy caramelly English browns and American ambers at the moment.......and voted as such :chug:

I have an Imperial IPA and a Galaxy APA on tap, a German Pils and a Maibock waiting for kegs.

Next up is a Citra IPA and a Boh Pils.

If forced, I like an IPA and a Pilsner.

Really enjoying the darker side of late, IPA's, porter, stout...
Brewed a Sam Smith India Ale clone today, 380gm Marris roasted for 15mins, wasn't that a damn fine smell, smoke pouring from the oven, wife would have died if she was home. Really want to get this nailed then time for a few lagers to prep for summer.
Last 4 brews have all been pommy, ale, amber, 2 Ipa's......its like escape to the country at my place. :)

Lagers (general) then the rest ales? I know it's winter, but come on! Plenty of nice styles. I've got a Baltic porter (lager if you didn't know), Munich Dunkel (also a lager), Marzen and two Belgian Dubbels. The lagers will be conditioned until summer and the Belgians until next winter.

As for commercial drops, I tend to hit up the stouts, porters, ruby reds and the occasional chewy English ale (general), but default to an amber lager if I'm thirsty.

Actually you know what I picked up a sixer of Matilda bay Minimum chips, just because I've not had it before, and it was quite nice. The characteristics of a Vienna with the hop flavour and aroma you'd expect in an APA. I can only drink a few ales in as many days, else the yeast in suspension tends to make me sick, so I favour lagers, but it just makes ales (particularly things like Dubbels) a nice treat.

Love me browns...what else can i say?

Back