Beer Smuggler

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KingKong

Reaction score
Thinking of going to the cricket and wondering how I am going to smuggle in enough beer to see my mates and I through the day...

Best idea I have had so far is empty 'like new' still labelled 2 litre Coke Bottles bottled with a Porter and sealed with new lids that include the twist off seal 'thingy' still intact to make the beer look like unopened 2L Coke bottles...

Think this will work ? Anyone got any better ideas? Cant really think of a bottle that I could put a lighter ale in, maybe 1.25 L ginger beer bottles ?

I used my 8 year old brother once. Loaded him up with the booze in a kiddie back pak and I carried the dodgy looking pet bottles of coke. No problems :)

EDIT: Get a big ass syringe and inject a watermelon full of vodka or your favourite booze. This worked a treat for me at concerts, speedways etc and NOT a 8 year old brother in sight. Eat away your mellon ooking all sad and vegetarian like but the dudes next to you will know not to smoke.... it REEKS of booze once sliced.... and slice over a plate or esky lid to lap up the juices :)

I used my 8 year old brother once. Loaded him up with the booze in a kiddie back pak and I carried the dodgy looking pet bottles of coke. No problems :)

:D There is absolutely no shame in using your 8 year old brother as a beer mule. :lol:

But unfortunately none of my mates or I have any young children we can use as beer mules on the day. :(

Is it a dry ground?

Nope , I'm just not really keen to drink semi cold Carlton Mid in flimsy plastic schooner glasses all day at $5 a hit. Plus it saves walking to and from the bar a million and one times over the course of the day.

you should be able to wear a camel back under your shirt and put a backpack on . Even if they check the bag you are fine.

Nope , I'm just not really keen to drink semi cold Carlton Mid in flimsy plastic schooner glasses all day at $5 a hit. Plus it saves walking to and from the bar a million and one times over the course of the day.

Would have killed for a carlton mid at the Perth test.
All we get now is Haan Super Dry Mid :icon_vomit:

Cheers,
D80

Best thing I saw a chick at cricket do was get a pack of the little pop top apple juices that are wrapped together with plastic. Ease one out so not to rip plastic then rest come put. Replace apple juice with bourbon carefully return all to plastic wrapping and security are none the wiser

I've succeeded with Porter and Dunkel in new- looking coke bottles before, so you're on the right track IMO. Paler beers become a bit if a dead giveaway though.

Pale ale in a sprite or Mountain Dew bottle?! It's green n all ;) good to cover the colour. Also, that new big bottles of V they launched, tip the piss out and fill with the good stuff :)

Watch the cricket on TV in front of the keezer.

I have got beer into the footy using a dry ginger ale bottle ( closest color to my american brown)

New coopers plastic lid to seal. Guys at the gate looked at it but let it straight through.

Great drinking your own beer second tier at the footy.

Goodluck

Some great suggestions. The 7UP or Sprite bottle in green is a good one! AND I think the plain white caps wouldn't stick out. Looks like I'm not the first person to attempt smuggling some beer in.

Anyone been caught ??

Why don't you load up a boogie board bag with alc. If they bust you, just say you didn't put it there.

a hollowed out crusty loaf of bakery bread makes a great place to put a 700ml bottle of rum ;)

Back