Beer Smith2

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diggles

Reaction score
Hi,
Been a while, but back in the swing of things after fixing my beer fridge after the wife put a chipping hammer through the back of it, but that's another story!!
Just bought the Beer Smith software and was wondering what people thought of it? I've also found that i get conflicting results between that and a spreadsheet I got off this website in regards to bitterness of the same hops etc. Does anyone know where I can get reliable information regarding yiest, hop, malts etc

living the dream

Digga

currently fermenting: Cascade Chocolate mahogany porter with a twist

Hi,
Been a while, but back in the swing of things after fixing my beer fridge after the wife put a chipping hammer through the back of it, but that's another story!!
Just bought the Beer Smith software and was wondering what people thought of it? I've also found that i get conflicting results between that and a spreadsheet I got off this website in regards to bitterness of the same hops etc. Does anyone know where I can get reliable information regarding yiest, hop, malts etc

living the dream

Digga

currently fermenting: Cascade Chocolate mahogany porter with a twist

You need to set BeerSmith up with your preferred option as to how it calculates bitterness.
Go to Tools, select Hop Bitterness, then choose your preferred Formula. The most common is probably Tinseth.

Having done all that, IBU calculation is not an exact science, so you need to keep notes of your brews. Then you can adjust your future recipes to suit your taste and experience.

Back