Beer Smith Questions

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kanetoad23

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have just purchased a copy of Brew Smith 2 and I am having trouble setting up my equipment profile.

I am moving to Brew in a Bag and have a 19lt pot, well thats what the lable says but it can hold about 16lt filled to the top. I am currently running a test boil to see how much water I loose. I have a fermenter that holds about 22lts.

Just a bit lost and I know getting the equipment profile right will make a huge difference to the results I get from Beer Smith.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

There is an equipment profile already set up in beersmith for a 19lt BIAB system, you can adjust that for your smaller pot if you want, weigh your pot and change the details in the equipment profile.

You will need to change the two fields highlited and of course the name of the profile and then save.
Capture.JPG

Also change any other fields you feel are required ie Boil off ect. And you will need to work out how much water you will have to add to the fermenter after the boil to bring your final volume up to the 21-22lt you want in the fermenter, that way beersmith will calculate your bewday as a concentrated wort brew and adjust your volumes as required.

Andrew

EDIT: To be honest I think your pot size is going to be way too small for a 20 odd litre final volume, I don't think there is enough room in there for all the grains required to get a decent SG unless you do a couple of sparges after you lift the bag.

Back