Beer Ready Quick

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djackal

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Any good ideas or styles of beer that will allow me to brew on Saturday to be ready to drink by May 9? I've got a filter that i can use and a few kegs, fermentors and a racking cane but all my other beers didn't taste any good until a month or two when they 'turned' in yummy amber fluid.
I need to fast track this one...any strategies?

Cheers
Carl

I did a mild that took 12 days from pitching, to the keg blowing. :lol:

Last 2 brews turned around pretty fickin quickly for me..

ESB w/S04 - Grain to brain = 10 days

Wit w/WB06 - Grain to brain = 6 days!!

Stocks were down and would drink green HB over walking into Dan's any day..

Both very palatable IMHO!

BTW Carl, are we talking kit or ag here?

edit: SORRY, posted and noticed it is the AG board, so I think that answers my question.

Ordinary Bitter. I put one down three weeks ago and am drinking it now. Fermenter ten days, in bottle for seven (a little flat, but hey its meant to be) and good drinking.

:ph34r: I did use us-05 yeast though, so maybe listen to butters......

most APA's i brew are grain to brain within 7 days, as with english ales.

May 9?!? Thats over a month away. If you are kegging, you could be brewing an RIS or a barleywine :lol:. Basically you should be looking at anything that isnt a lager or a saison (if using the dupont strain - but the french strain will be fine).
I would suggest an APA as said above, an english bitter or brown (use 1968 if you want it to clear really fast) or any of the wheat styles, like Belgian Wit, Hefe/dunkel-weizen, or even an american wheat. hell, even a dry stout will be hitting its straps within a month.
Generally lower alcohol beers will ferment and mature quicker too. Your choices are pretty expansive, so just brew something that you would like to drink on May 9, and you are pretty sure to have it ready by then.

Did you mean April 9??

Most beers I brew are brewed, kegged, and polished off within a month!

EDIT: A PB for me was a belgian, 5 days in primary, in the keg for <24 hours and it was all over red rover.

Coopers Pale Ale. 5 days grain to brain. You might want to empty about 4 stubbies worth of yeast into it if you don't have time for a starter.

- Snow

Latest posts

Back