Beer Or Brewing Related Christmas Presents

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

breakbeer

Reaction score
My Christmas wish list consists of brew shop gift vouchers, that's pretty much all I've asked for (same for my birthday on the 29th)

but I'm a bit of a cheeky bugger & decided to buy myself a couple of Christmas presents, two Perlick 525ss' and a Fat Yak crown badge

they arrived today & I fitted them as soon as I got home. I'm frickin' over the moon! Just poured the best beer I've ever poured & I reckon I'll be a bit sideways soon coz I keep wanting to go back & pour another one. I got the kegerator last Christmas & I'm kickin myself a bit for not fitting Perlicks sooner

I really don't care what other presents I get now

So, what have you asked for, or maybe bought for yourself

Have an awesome Christmas & if you've got some holidays then brew like a man posessed!

I haven't got any directly brew related gear that I know off for Chrissy, but I have some indirect gear.

SWMBO has got me a portable weber that sits on a table as I've been getting into sitting around the table with the family and cooking together. I've been using a portable butane burner at the kitchen table so far. Also I've got a few different smoking woods and a stainless smoker. What goes with a bbq, beers...
I got myself a set of Denon AH-D600 and a Schiit Stack (yes pronounced shit). When I'm listening to my music I enjoy a beer...
I'll also have at least one Giftcard to Dans under the tree

QldKev

We have really moved away from presents the last few years. Really enjoying Xmas much more.
I must add the kids have all grown up, kids and presents where a lot of fun.

Niiiiiiiiiiiiice!

Have you ever seen/used one of these?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Valve-Class-A-T...#ht_6991wt_1063

not that exact one, but you get the idea. Blew my mind the first time I used one

The AH-D600 will be an upgrade for my AH-D1001. I had a look at the Bravo V2 but a few reviews didn't rate them that crash hot with a smooth bass, and they tend to over emphasize the top end a bit too much for my liking. I ended up ordering the Schiit Audio gear as they tend to be fairly clean without being too bright, I went an amp and a uDAC. Only problem is it wont be here for Christmas <_<

QldKev

Wish list: Perlick 525ss, malt crusher, new side-by-side fridge/freezer.

Projects: build bar, brew beer, drink beer, repeat from step two.

Really want a 50L stainless steal pot to move to AG and BIAB.
:icon_drool2:
Would make my day!

Dropped a subtle hint about a refractometer... Few weeks ago the son sent me a link to an ebay one asking if it was any good.

So fingers crossed there will be one under the tree

Mitch Steele's IPA book and a adjustable medium pressure reg for my Italian Spiral to give it more punch.

Treating myself to a little brown pump and expecting some stylish hawaii shirts with beer para all over them. getting quite a collection :)

Kaixin high temp pump, grain mill and a chesty so i can piss off my crappy old fridge
Though sadly Mrs sp0rk has already told me I'm not getting anything brewing related for christmas :(

Bits and pieces for the 3v Keggle system I am building, the missus told me to go and buy my own present this year :D

I now have a second fridge in the shed to use as a ferm fridge, so the wife and in-laws are all giving me money to buy the bits and pieces to turn the big fridge into a Kegerator! Can't wait to have my beer on tap (a couple of impatient mates also hanging out for this ;) )

Micromatic Reg, check valve & sodastream adapter to finish off my keg setup! (got one borrowed off a mate for now).

Drip tray and glass rinser is on its way for me. Not sure if it'll arive before christmas though (swmbo was a bit lazy with ordering it).

All the parts I was looking at for my upgrades ended up being purchased by me throughout the year and only have a couple of things to go. I figured that it's easier asking for guitar/music gear than brewing gear - such as camlocks, false bottoms, puckup tubes etc.

I could see myself with a whole bunch of 1/4" zinc plated alloy fittings otherwise... -_-

I'm expecting a plastic beer jug for round the pool,

Already got a 100L techniice as my new mash tun, and SWMBOs getting a 5Kg sausage stuffer.

Perfect for octoberfest shindigs ;)

Back