Beer Not Gassing After 2 Weeks In Keg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fergi

Reaction score
hi guys,
my mate has a problem with his keg system,
he has two kegs in his beer fridge which have been in there for about 3 weeks, about two weeks ago he had the thermostat jam and it froze his kegs,he defrosted the kegs over a couple of days and hooked it all back up but after 2 weeks there is no gas.

the gas pressure is set on 110 kp which he always gases on.
the gas bottle is full and when we burp the kegs they have good pressure in them,we checked for gas leaks but all is good.

the beer is coopers blonde with the be2 pack ,so ordinary beer but no gas is the biggest problem.

i cant think of any reason as to why after 2 weeks there is not one bubble of gas, the temp is sitting on 4 deg.
when we pour a beer it pours fine and holds a reasonable head ,but after about a minute if you hold the glass up it is very clear but without one bit of bubble.
there are a dozen bubbles stuck to the side of the glass but they are only created from pouring.
anyone else had this problem or any ideas what can be causing this.
cheers fergi

This sounds like an exemtly odd problem to me...atleast for me anyways.
To me it sounds like for some reason or another that C02 isnt being absorbed into the beer. Don't what would be causing this, hopefully someone with more experience can help. But if I was you I'd try force carbonation aka the Ross method.

is the pressure guage reading right?

If the pressure is low it wont carbonate.... well it will but it will take forever.

is the pressure guage reading right?

If the pressure is low it wont carbonate.... well it will but it will take forever.

i guess its hard to know if its correct tony but it has carbed up all his previous brews, when we release the valve on top of the keg it has a good rush of gas and you can hear the new gas running into the kegs.

is there a way of checking the pressure.
fergi

Back