Beer Marinated Steak

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drsmurto

Reaction score
Link

Ingredients

4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 sprig rosemary, leaves chopped
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons mustard
1⁄2 cup beer
600g piece rump steak
1 cup beef stock
salt and freshly ground black pepper

Method

Mix together the garlic, rosemary, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and beer in a non-reactive dish. Snip the skin of the beef at 5cm intervals to stop the steak curling up during cooking. Place in the marinade and refrigerate for 4-6 hours.

When ready to cook, remove the beef from the marinade and pat dry. Strain the marinade through a fine sieve and place in a small saucepan with the beef stock. Reduce by half and keep warm.

Season the beef with salt and pepper, and grill to your liking.

Cut into slices, pour the sauce over and serve with crusty bread, salad greens and sliced tomato. Serves 4

Noice. Beer and mustard are a great combo with beef. I would say a porter or a brown ale (or even a dark mild) would go great in this. Haven't cooked with beer for a while, I must dig out my Carbonade Flamande recipe...

The weather is saying to me....

Mussels in Beer... maybe with some tarragon.

As part of an abridged full course meal, yes. 5oz of protein would be a normal size for a main in a 4 course, 7oz (200g) in a 3 course.

Thanks Jamie Oliver :lol:

I'll stick to single courses when cooking at home though.

yeah, would be good with sirloin, though I think it would be better with a shorter time on the marinade if using a less flavoursome (but admitedly more tender) cut. 2c, obviously. I actually think this would also go good with flank or skirt, if a touch more acid was introduced, and it was marinated for 24 hours.

Im hungry and thirsty going home now... im so craving a steak were having chicken...darn you people!

he he he....
I was thinking of doing this tonight, but damn me, I'm out of garlic. :huh: A bit short on time now, anyway......

Im hungry and thirsty going home now... im so craving a steak were having chicken...darn you people!

Sorry Katie. If it makes you feel any better i only had chicken as well.

he he he....
I was thinking of doing this tonight, but damn me, I'm out of garlic. :huh: A bit short on time now, anyway......

Plenty of time to whip some up for the brewday bbq.

Guinness pie for me tonight!

Nice! I love a good steak and stout stew, would make life easier it the whole thing was wrapped in pastry.....

How can you say sirloin is tastier than rump? or tenderer for that matter?

cheers

Browndog

Well I actually didnt say anything in those words I just said (myself) would replace the rump with a sirlion.

BUT now I will say Rump is a rougher cut then sirlion but yes it has more flavour!

Rump is a rougher cut then sirlion but yes it has more flavour!

And a bad flavour at that. I can't stand rump steak :(
Maybe drowned in marinade or mushroom sauce it might be tolerable.

bud

Back