Beer Made From Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I reckon the results of this experiment will be good. I use my crappy beers to cook my stews (happens more often than I care to admit), and they are yummy. I use pale meat, browned meat, onion for bittering, carrots, late addition garlic for flavour and aroma...

That was discussed at the case swap but was decided against mainly due to the expense. That would make it beer that was made from beer that had already been made from beer which would add an extra dimension.

2vbo1f8.jpg

Brewception :ph34r:

The 1st lot of dry hops just went in. Just a lazy gram per litre of columbus to start off with.

It's stayed at 1.050 for 2 days now.

What was the result of this experiment?

It's still in the fermenter. It was still at 1.045 last time I checked, I've got no idea why it would've stopped that high. I was planning on bottling this but if it's not going to get lower than this then it'll go in a keg. I should really rack it but I haven't had much spare time recently, next weekend will be the 4th weekend in a row that I haven't brewed.

Havent laughed this hard in a long time, good on you blokes for trying something new!

Either it was so good he's still drunk, or it was so bad he's dead......!

Either it was so good he's still drunk, or it was so bad he's dead......!

Or I'm that lazy that it's still in the fermenter waiting to be tipped on the lawn.

I could keg it & take it to AABC & the case swap if anyone wants to try it but the hydrometer samples have been less than promising.

You have to at least taste it and let us know.......Baited breath

Or I'm that lazy that it's still in the fermenter waiting to be tipped on the lawn.

I could keg it & take it to AABC & the case swap if anyone wants to try it but the hydrometer samples have been less than promising.

I'm keen to taste it so don't tip it. Can you tap some off out of the fermenter and pass on to Raven at your next BJCP meeting?

A couple of bottles will probably be enough. =)

Maybe you can sell it 'Aussie Fully Sick' and give Aussie Cool a run for its money

Back