Beer Machine?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geoffi

Reaction score
I just inherited some odds and ends of brewing kit from a FOAF. Among the junk appears to be a more-or-less complete Beer Machine. Looks like the seals are shot, and it needs a good scrub, but it might be a goer.

I understand you are supposed to use the manufacturer's own concentrates to make the beer, but I assume there is nothing to stop you using your own wort and yeast.

Anybody own one of these things? Are they worthwhile?

I had one of these. I brewed for a year or so with it alone. If you can get the seals to work properly they are great! But it all comes down to the seal! I had some minor disasters in the fridge when it sprung a leak under pressure. Not good!

OK. I've had a bit of a play with it, and found complete instructions on line.

Link

Mines the 1000.

I certainly wouldn't pay for one of these, but I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth.

All I need is the new seals, then I'll give it a test run with some non-alcoholic ginger beer -- damned if I'm going to risk ten litres of AG first time out.

You're supposed to use it to brew and serve, but I think I'll just use it to naturally carbonate finished beer and serve.

Back