Beer lines upto 10m long

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

azz833

Reaction score
Hey I have been try to read up on how to work out preasure on hoses that are quite long here is the setup:

There are 2 kegs in a back room that needs to push beer up the wall and along the roof and then down again into a temprite and dispensed through a tap. There is very little height difference between the tap and keg in a straight line maybe 30-40 cm tops.

The beer in the kegs will be about 15-16 degrees C and the run could be up to 10m but I doubt it will be that long its more like 6-8. The hoses I am thinking of getting are 8mm.

My question is how can I calculate the correct PSI and carbonation? The beer is draught and cider in the other keg with 1 CO2 cylinder, Does the sudden chilling of the beer by the temprite affect the carberation in the beer?

Will I need to turn the PSI down when I am not using the system?

Any help would be appreciate might be a litte in over my head here.

azz833 said:
Hey I have been try to read up on how to work out preasure on hoses that are quite long here is the setup:

There are 2 kegs in a back room that needs to push beer up the wall and along the roof and then down again into a temprite and dispensed through a tap. There is very little height difference between the tap and keg in a straight line maybe 30-40 cm tops.

The beer in the kegs will be about 15-16 degrees C and the run could be up to 10m but I doubt it will be that long its more like 6-8. The hoses I am thinking of getting are 8mm.

My question is how can I calculate the correct PSI and carbonation? The beer is draught and cider in the other keg with 1 CO2 cylinder, Does the sudden chilling of the beer by the temprite affect the carberation in the beer?

Will I need to turn the PSI down when I am not using the system?

Any help would be appreciate might be a litte in over my head here.
as a start, if you want a balanced system, you will need to maintain a pressure of 155kpa (assuming 2.5 volumes co2 and beer temp of 15 degrees)

a run of 10 metres, add to that another xx metres through the coil in your temprite, will create a fair bit of resistance, which might do well with the 155kpa

warming your beer will cause the co2 to come out of solution, not cooling it, so i'd say your temprite will not affect the carbonation here

your setup is much like that of a commercial system, so you may benefit from speaking to someone like andale who have experience in commercial systems

probably going to need a blended gas too not a straight CO2

Latest posts

Back