Beer Line Python

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zrated

Reaction score
The brew bug has bitten again and I'm building a new keg set up for my bar.

I'm trying to do it on a bit of a budget and running 6-7m of python was pretty expensive buying it retail.

Anyway, here is my $90 solution for approximately 7.5m of home made python, it's just keg king beer line wrapped in plumbing insulation that I found at bunnings. Took me about an hour to cut the lengths and feed it through but I'll be pretty happy if it actually works well! :)

I'll let everyone know if it works in a few weeks! :)

beer_python.JPG

Hell yeah, that looks bloody awesome! Hope it does the trick :)

The brew bug has bitten again and I'm building a new keg set up for my bar.

I'm trying to do it on a bit of a budget and running 6-7m of python was pretty expensive buying it retail.

Anyway, here is my $90 solution for approximately 7.5m of home made python, it's just keg king beer line wrapped in plumbing insulation that I found at bunnings. Took me about an hour to cut the lengths and feed it through but I'll be pretty happy if it actually works well! :)

I'll let everyone know if it works in a few weeks! :)

View attachment 59398

it will work, how efficiently it works will depend on a many factors, one of which is the wall thickness of the insulation, obviously the thicker the better, and ambient temperatures

when i did mine, i was instructed to wrap the beer/glycol lines in glad wrap before passing through the armaflex, this helps with internal condensation issues

choose an armaflex that is a tight fit for the amount of lines you have, the less air in there the better

and basically choose a wall thickness that suits your ambient temp, if the outside of the armaflex is sweating, you need a thicker wall !

are all 8 lines beer lines or are 2 of them for running cooling lines ? cooling lines should have a larger diameter to allow better flow through the system, especially if running a glycol chiller/ice bank

a 7 metre run of beer line needs cooling otherwise you'll likely be having some foaming issues between pouring

good luck with the build and be sure to post pics as you progress

Yeah, I have something similar. Was used when I ran my beer line from downstairs to the bar up above. I also put the python line in PVC water pipe as it looks neater.

Cheers

Back