Beer Line Connection

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kramer

Reaction score
Which order do I put this together?

I am pretty good with figuring things out but today I am a little hung over, and this has got me stumped if I had some beer line with me here at work I might be able to figure it.

Thanks Kramer.

What_is_this.jpg

ok.....line goes through the nut and the hose then goes through the olive, IIR

The line goes through the larger nut, then the little bitty thing there pushes up inside the end of the line. You can get a special tool to do it but if you can find a thin bolt that will slide inside it that will do the trick, to keep it aligned with the beer line and give you something to push against. It needs to point the other way, ie it goes into the line tapered end first.

Heating the line in really hot water will help a lot.

When you do up the nut it will squish everything tightly together.

*Edited in the hope of making sense*

I've got a question that relates to this. I've recently purchased all the gear required to dispense beer, but am having trouble fitting the 5mm beer line to my liquid disconnect.

It's fairly firm walled tubing and the ID is significantly less than the barbs on the LD. I've tried heating the tubing in boiling water, but it's still been impossible to get it onto the barb. I can see similar difficulty getting the little barb into the line at the pluto gun.

What's the secret to getting it together?

OK - Heat the tube up until its really hot - then get a nail punch/phillips head screwdriver and push the line onto this - it will stretch/open up the line a bit - then let it cool on the punch screwdriver - once cooled pull it off and then try it on the barb fitting.

Once u get the 1st bit on ok - then reheat the line in boiling water and push it on the rest of the way.
Note that make sure u have the clamps on the hose before u push it on.

It is a very tight fitting on the Plutu gun - but it does/will go.

Hope this helps

Cheers Ken; I'll have another crack tomorrow. As you can tell, the postie delivered on time ;)

Hopefully filling my first keg tomorrow...

Back