Beer left in keg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klosey

Reaction score
I keg in a 50 litre sized keg. Have had no problems until the last two batches and when the beer line suggests there is no beer left and I disconnect , I am finding there is quite a few litres left in the bottom of the keg. Have changed the gas pressures but to no avail. Any thoughts? Have decided to completely change my spears.

Unless you're trying to pump beer massively uphill, standard serving pressure should be able to empty your keg. Does the dip tube go low enough? Is the keg level?

Unless you're trying to pump beer massively uphill, standard serving pressure should be able to empty your keg. Does the dip tube go low enough? Is the keg level?
Thanks Lizard. Keg level and dip tube standard with this keg.Have had not had any previous problems. I noticed there was a a leak of gas when I removed the A coupler from the keg. This might be the problem. I bought two brand new spears the other day so this might fix the problem.

Ah good. Hopefully it's a simple fix. It may just have been that with a small leak, you needed the hydrostatic pressure of a fuller keg to help dispense it.

Please keep us posted.

Back