Beer Labels

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
muga said:
Came across this site today, nice and easy to make your own beer label - should get a compertition going to see who can be the most creative :D

http://beerbuilder.brewtopia.com.au
[post="89482"][/post]​

Great link Muga - first class - & just in time for the xmas case - THANKS :)

Bugger - thought you could get the labels, but looks like you have to buy the beer as well :(

You can just design one up and then use your print-screen key and then paste it in to a graphics program (ie. Adobe/MS Paint) and cut around it.

I have attatched a trial one..

beer_label.jpg

thats a good idea muga.

does anyone know if you can buy shiny adhesive paper to print these suckers on?
I would like to hand write the beer names on my kegs , then erase them when i'm finished. a bit like a white board.

VL

vlbaby said:
thats a good idea muga.

does anyone know if you can buy shiny adhesive paper to print these suckers on?
I would like to hand write the beer names on my kegs , then erase them when i'm finished. a bit like a white board.

VL
[post="89521"][/post]​

Some white Contact (Am I showing my age? Is Contact still available?) should do the trick.

Then a standard whiteboard marker is all you need.

M

*EDIT* Didn't realise you wanted to print onto the paper. Thought you wanted some stick-on instant whitebaord..... */EDIT*

I guess you could print them on normal paper then laminate them, then stick them on with sticky tape.

You could just write on them with a whiteboard marker and rub it off when needed..

You can buy blank sticker labels for your printer

They come in an A4 sheet

Just print from your graphics program

Cheers

Print the background on normal paper then laminate it and glue it on.

Use an indelible (laundry) marker to write with.
They are waterproof but clean off completely with a little metho.
They don't rub off accidentally during handling either like whiteboard markers do. :chug:

mandrakar said:
Some white Contact (Am I showing my age? Is Contact still available?) should do the trick.

Then a standard whiteboard marker is all you need.

M

*EDIT* Didn't realise you wanted to print onto the paper. Thought you wanted some stick-on instant whitebaord..... */EDIT*
[post="89523"][/post]​

Thats OK mandraker, i knew exactly what you meant.

Some good ideas here guys. I might actually use a bit of everyones suggestions. I think i will print the label on plain paper, then laminate it with a layer of clear contact. Then i will write the names with a semi-permanent marker. ( so i can wipe it off again with metho)

Now i just have to find out if they still make 'contact'.

cheers

VL
Should work ok i reckon.

Back