Beer Labels And Logos

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:icon_offtopic: What do you use to cork champagne bottles ? I want to cork and cage some barleywine later in the year, but don't want to have to buy a floor standing corker.

2nd one didn't load.

I don't think it looks too busy at all. Actaully think it's a near damn perfect label for a Farmhouse Ale

:icon_offtopic: What do you use to cork champagne bottles ? I want to cork and cage some barleywine later in the year, but don't want to have to buy a floor standing corker.

Pretty sure the SuperAutomatica will do them, all you need to do is change the bell

try reading here mate.
http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...showtopic=15457
id doubt that you can get belgian style corks in with a SuperAutomatica as you need to compress the cork to get it in the bottle as they are bigger than the bottle neck.

Here is a shot of the bottles with labels
we use 29mm tirage caps we buy from Ross in Brissie

WEB_COPY.jpg

Pretty sure the SuperAutomatica will do them, all you need to do is change the bell
Nah, what you might be thinking of is capping champagne bottles. You can buy a replacement tirage bell for the superautomatica that suits the larger caps, but corkings another thing entirely.

Nah, what you might be thinking of is capping champagne bottles. You can buy a replacement tirage bell for the superautomatica that suits the larger caps, but corkings another thing entirely.

Ahh ok cool. Do you know what a corker's worth?

Another way of doing it is to tirage cap and either put a heat shrink muselette ( a kind of plastic wrapper or dip the top in red sealing wax, they both add a bit of class without having to cork, the problem with corking champagne bottles is that the wiring of the cap is painful, and without wires you are sure to lose a few bottles to pressure.

ive got to say ive never had a problem wiring them up. it takes me the same amount of time as capping.

Couple of Mead labels that are being worked on and some beer labels that will be used for the case swap(still a real work in progress but will post when ready).

Just beautiful, those mead labels.

Where did you get the bottles?

Just beautiful, those mead labels.

Where did you get the bottles?

Two empty sticky bottles, they are for my sister in laws 40th birthday present.
This is the prototype so there will be some rewording to tighten up the design.

nice a little wax on the top and they will look a treat

Couple of Mead labels that are being worked on and some beer labels that will be used for the case swap(still a real work in progress but will post when ready).

Love the labels, really inviting and the clear bottles look great, well done man.

If anyone needs Champagne bottles I will be picking up a pallet from Plasdene in Newcastle in about 4 weeks, I could give you some at cost, which I havn't worked out yet but likely to be between about 60c and 85c per bottle. they are pretty heavy once full but as you will see they present really well. but dont forget you need a 29mm tirage bell for your bench capper ( from Ross) Also I have stelvin clear and antique green bottles and half bottles, suitable for mead, lightly carbonated barley wines etc they are wine bottles so will take very modest carbonation, but if any of you need some we have them the stelvin size is 40x60 BVS. I have a capping machine you can use, but I live in Kentucky between Armidale and Tamworth. I am not a retailer so this is at cost only.

also Im wondering what people think about the idea of selling 5 litre mini-kegs on a swap and go type situation, over the internet. I would rent the gassing head and tap unit after a deposit were paid. It is just an idea at the mo but I hope the idea has legs. as it would reduce package size verses bottles and probably cut freight to the point that I could provide freight free both ways, as we do with our wine. Just a thought, if you have an opinion please post as we are in the middle of nowhere here in Kentucky, we have to be willing to pursue all avenues of selling our product. So please chip in with your 2.64cents worth ( including inflation) thanks Steve

Latest posts

Back