Beer Labels And Logos

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my latest label made in word using wordart.

TORMOD.gif

Screwtop,
here's what I have come up with as per your request let me know what you think
Franko

labelweb.jpg

Great work Franko and Finite!!!!!!

Had a Porter Kembla at the Five ISlands Brewery today.

I think you guys should go there and redesign their labels and logos.

You've started an obsession!!!!!

Cheers,

Jase

Great work Franko and Finite!!!!!!

Had a Porter Kembla at the Five ISlands Brewery today.

I think you guys should go there and redesign their labels and logos.

You've started an obsession!!!!!

Cheers,

Jase

forget the logos how was the beer? worth the trip?

Was thinking of taking the GF that direction and stopping by there

Finite,

Was heading down that way to visit a mate in hospital. Had half an hour to waste before visiting time, so my wife decided to go to the sale at WIN Ent Centre, so I went to the brewery and had a quick 1/2 pint of the porter.

Was quite nice. Only noticed the beer descriptions on the way out, will definitely go back to sample the other beers.

Cheers,
Jase

Anyone out there using inkscape that can help me with creating a banner type shape not unlike those seen in other peoples designs. Any help would be great, one saved to file and emailed would be perfect... :beer:
Cheers
Dazzling

Vundabar Franko really has a tuetonic feel :)

Pumpy

is this going to be bigger than the no chiller thread ?

I hope so.

:)

I have just made a beer label that can be a lot better looking at some examples, but I am unsure if I can post it on this forum as it shows a womans nipple. So if you want to see it, I guess PM's are the go. I would also like to learn how Franko and finite do there wavy banners. I am using PS CS2.

Oh I tried inkscape and it appears to be lacking or non intuitive. I wanted to cut out my image to the shape of an oval and for the life of me, could not work out how to do that.
Any clues would be good!

post the image macr it should be ok its only a nipple

Screwtop,
heres what the label collection looks like
pm me your email address and I'll send you details
Franko

Collectionweb.jpg

JSVPorterlabelweb.jpg

im confused...why cant u use the eliptical marquee tool to cut it out? Or were u saying u couldnt do it in inkscape.

The wavy baners are just made using the pen tool in illustrator or you can use the pen tool in photoshop its very similar. then just fill the path with a colour.

Hey Guys
Have many more labels left to do here if your name doesnt appear here can you please resend your pm.
I will get to you all I promise

big d
TidalPete
dicko
Homebrewworld.com
Aussie Claret
OLD DOG
Jase
ads7
Ross
The Scientist

im confused...why cant u use the eliptical marquee tool to cut it out? Or were u saying u couldnt do it in inkscape.
The wavy baners are just made using the pen tool in illustrator or you can use the pen tool in photoshop its very similar. then just fill the path with a colour.
I couldn't do it in inkscape. Will play with the pen tool. I would like to get labels of the same standard as yours and Franko's.

Thanks Franko you are a master! The Labels are fantastic. Especially the tribute story. Will have the aunt's crying for sure.

I printed off two of the labels to test how they wount go on the bottle using the milk method.

I tried different gsm paper and diferent finishes. When you apply the milk the gloss paper willl curl up in the oposite firection as you want, if your using this method try and find really thin paper imo.

Anyway after printing them off and cutting em out just apply some milk (soy milk works best) to the backs and slap them on, after 10mins they will be dry. Overnight is preferable. I put both test bottles in the fridge overnight and took them out to test condensation and none of the ink ran. I would say allow the ink to set overnight before testing this. The labels will stay on very well and not come with handling, but you can just peal the edge of the label to take the label off in one peice and it wont leave anythign behind and just some mil residue behind wich will come of with one wipe..

My father owns a printing company so im going to design the labels sqaure and then run off a whole batch and cut them out on the guillotine for the bottles. When I get to kegging I will use the circlular ones for fonts.

Anyway heres a picture.

bottle.jpg

Latest posts

Back