Beer Jugs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kman

Reaction score
i was down at one of my locls the other day with some mates, and when ever there is more then say 3 or 4 of us, we get jugs instead of pots, so anyway, the jug we got had us all amazed. when i ordered it, the barman flip it up side down, open a plastic seal thing, fill the bottom section with ice, resealed it, flipped it back and proceed to fill with beer.

As i was studying engineering for 2 semesters, this invention is something i could appriciate. I ask the barmen where they come from and none knew. They where made of plastic.

ill try and draw a quick pic of what it looked like, and if anyone knows where to get them please let me know.

beer.JPG

They were invented in Australia and are now actually in production in Australia. I originally saw them about a year ago when they were still a prototype - cant remember, maybe in the paper, maybe on "The Inventors" ?

Local HB shop here sells them , don't know how much they are

That is one heck of a handy invention. Anyway you look at it its a winner. Also one of those its so simple "why didnt I think of that" things.

cheers

batz, if you could find a price on them next time your in there, that would be awesome.

also anyone know what the product is called? or who manufactures them?

and how good is my pic? i knew i should have done art at uni

kman said:
and how good is my pic? i knew i should have done art at uni
:p :eek: :D bloody fantastic pic! I have one of these ... can't remember how much it was I think it was $15 - $20 from memory ... doesn't get muc use at my place though just fill pints from from the kegs.

donate it too me then, ill even pay postage

Yeah its a sweet invention.
Its called the Artic Jug, invented by a West Aussie a few years ago.
I used to have the website bookmarked.

I'll try to find it now.

-Dougy

EDIT: Acutally its called the ARCTIK JUG. website at arctik.com.au is down at the moment. I remember reading on the site that they were only selling wholesale, but they might be in HBSs now.

yeah, thats it, see its EXACTLY like my picture

Its clever in more ways than one... The angle of the ice chamber allows the jug to be filled with out holding the jug itself at an angle. Therefore any dumb barman/barmaid could fill it without ripping you off with a large amount of froth.

Just found out the old arctik.com.au website is back online again. check it out if you want to see some more pics of this jug.

dougy.

My jug like this arrived this morning that I nought on ebay, the brand was:

Polar Pitcher

Not too bad, like the ice thing at the bottom, will try get a p[ic up so I can show the differance between this one and the artic jugs

I paid $6 for the second hand one off ebay.

Not sure on the new priced ones

Back