Beer In Asia

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seemax

Reaction score
I do a fair bit of travel in Asia for work and often struggle to find good beer besides the usual imported suspects or low alc chinese sweet beer (more hops dammit).

This time around I've hit the jackpot ...

Right now I'm in a hotel in the french quarter of Ho Chi Minh and the executive lounge as endless supply (free!) of Maredsous Blonde :)

belgian.JPG

A few days ago I was in a new hotel in Shanghai with a microbrewery... tasting paddle of 6 brews for $11 including a vanilla stout, pils, IPA, double IPA! Downed a few of these during my 3 day stay..

paddle.jpg

This could almost make the travel tolerable!

seemax,
Where abouts in Shanghai was that bar?
Tony

I do a fair bit of travel in Asia for work and often struggle to find good beer besides the usual imported suspects or low alc chinese sweet beer (more hops dammit).

This time around I've hit the jackpot ...

Right now I'm in a hotel in the french quarter of Ho Chi Minh and the executive lounge as endless supply (free!) of Maredsous Blonde :)

View attachment 50968

A few days ago I was in a new hotel in Shanghai with a microbrewery... tasting paddle of 6 brews for $11 including a vanilla stout, pils, IPA, double IPA! Downed a few of these during my 3 day stay..

View attachment 50969

This could almost make the travel tolerable!

Looks a damn sight better than room temperature (30 c) Red Horse <_< .

Back