Beer Fridge Controller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not the best practice selling home-job electronics with no safety checks etc. online

Build one yourself for half the price (at least), and the joy of DIY.

Sponge

Hi,

It is just an STC 1000 with a case built around it. You can by the controller by itself for $22
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/All-purpose-Tem...#ht_4040wt_1163

Depending on how handy you are you can create one with about another $30 of bits from Jaycar.

If your not so handy and just want something that works and happy to pay for it it would work fine. Although I would open it up and look at how good a job of the wiring the guy did so it doesnt burn your house down.

Nick

Just to add as losp said, there's heaps of different units you can buy for temperatur control which will not take too much effort to wire up.

(just make sure you get a sparkie to look at it first to make sure there's nothing wrong with the wiring as playing around with 240V isnt the smartest idea)

There are brewmate and tempmates from the sponsors at the top, or search on ebay for stc-1000. pleanty of wiring diagrams around the site which make wiring a breeze

(once again, get someone qualified to check it first)

Sponge

Not the best practice selling home-job electronics with no safety checks etc. online

Build one yourself for half the price (at least), and the joy of DIY.

Sponge

Pretty shore I would end up fried trying to make my own, id rather leave it for someone who knows what there doing.

As Nick said above, youd be wanting to look closely at the wiring of the ebay one anyways to make sure its wired up correctly to begin with.

theres nothing on the ebay item that says this guy knows what he's doing, although im sure he does, but we all know what assuming does...

Get a local brewer whos made one or a sparkie mate to help you out. im sure they would in return for a beverage or two

Sponge

Well in that case.... Are there any home brewer's from coffs on here that have one of these or is an electrician.:D

Back