Beer Fortune 2015

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brew Matt

Reaction score
Just in case some people are not aware, the first beer consumed in any given year combined with the last beer consumed in the year before, will affect your beer fortunes for the year to come.

For example, if you drank something bland & ordinary as your final beer in 2014, and the same for your first drink in 2015, then a bland and ordinary year may follow.

For those wondering, two good but different beers spanning the year changeover will give you the best possible outcome.

Therefore, now may be a good time to select a couple of beers to make sure your Beer Fortune is a good one in the coming year, and if you are going to a party, pack at least 2 good beers to take with you.

If you see someone sitting at your local craft beer bar with two different glasses of beer in front of them, you will now understand that they are not simply an alcoholic, but rather a 'Beer Fortunist'.

Of course, the above is scientifically proven, and not to be confused with anything of a superstitious nature.

List your two beers here in the new year.

Black Ipa and then a RIS to bring in the new year. Could have done with something lighter to drink all night but it did the Job

oh shit, I drank IPA last night. Now I'm in for a bitter year :unsure: but the IPA was smelt great and was very enjoyable, sounds like a better year. :chug:

I had a Coopers Mild as my last drink......and a cup of tea for my first...

Not sure where that will take me

What is this tea you speak of? In my case it's going to be a Carlsberg (Coopers) and another Carlsberg.

My last beer for 2014 was Hop Therapy, Back Draft and first beer for 2015 was Torpedo, Sierra Nevada. Decided to make it a tradition to start the year with a torpedo, a great ipa in my books.

Bribie G said:
What is this tea you speak of? In my case it's going to be a Carlsberg (Coopers) and another Carlsberg.
It must mean you're probably the best guy in the world.

Hopdog Superbeast for 2014. First of 2015 remains a mystery....

I don't remember the last one I had before the clock ticked last night, nor the last one I had this morning before I went to bed. Doh.

Cantillon Rose' De Gambrinus last night

Homebrew Munich Dunkel 6 stubbie yeast experiment this afternoon

I also had coopers stout last night but only half a bottle when I got home, but promptly fell asleep.

Had a Hahn premium this arvo.

Pretty average selection. What's my fortune?

Latest posts

Back