Beer Fonts

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black Dog Brewery

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondering what good secondhand beer fonts sell for?

I am probably going for two or three taps.

Cheers BDB

BDB,
I have a strange feeling that you might just get a post from GMK on this topic. As of Tuesday he had a two tap one left (I bought the three tap one he had).

I initially got a quote for a 2nd hand (but polished upnicely) setup from Andale in Adelaide, 3 tier font for $180 + 3 x $18 for snaplock fittings (between font and tap) + $45 per tap (all second hand gear - not entirely sure about whether the taps were stainless steel or not). Add a few bucks for hose and all up I was looking at $300 ish for a 3 tap font with one tap supplied (figured I'd upgrade the taps as I got around to brewing more regularly or needed them for parties....)

Well GMK did work out a better deal for me, but I should let him give you his prices.

OK Kenny - I said I'd get a plug in for ya.... Thanks for the deal and all the help.

DarrylB

Thanks Darryl....

Font prices are as follows: Second hand usually all chrome bar -

Unchilled:
Single 100.00, double 125.00, tripple 150.00, quad 175.00, five 200.00 and six 250.00

Chilled/Flooded:
single 150.00, double 200.00, tripple 250.00, quad 300.00, five 375.00, six 450.00.

Currently in stock i only have unflooded:
2 x singles, 1 x double chrome bar, and 1x double chrome bar with solid brass 6mm "Coopers" logo screwed onto it - Hoops has first option...

Taps:
Brand New Stainless Steel Grundy/Brumby Taps are 95.00 ea with Black Handle and SS Snaplock Shank.

will post a couple of pics of the fonts.

hear are some pics...

if i can get multiple pics posted - here goes...

Mvc_001f.jpgMvc_002f.jpgMvc_003f.jpg

Ive got a single font, snaplock fittings, and side pull tap in ok condition with 2 meters of brand new beer line going for $100 if you are after a single font.

GMK,

That double brass Coopers font is a thing of beauty. :wub:

Warren -

How right you are Warren, but I'm especially keen knowing that GMK had a tripple Coopers font of the same design which is in the process of being boxed up and sent over to be part of my setup. Yep - I'm just a little excited about getting it in my hands.

The polishing cloth is by the door, I'll shine up the kegs on the weekend and then (hopefully) by next weekend I can mount the font. :beer:

DarrylB said:
I can mount the font. :beer:
[post="55870"][/post]​

Arrghhh! That sounds painful. :blink:

Jokes aside Darryl you're one lucky bugger. I've got font envy. :)

Warren -

The Double Coopers Labelled font is up for sale - Hoops does not want it - if i get no interest it will go on E-Bay....

Refer to pic above.

Hi GMK,

One question, can the Cooper sign turn around and fafe the taps as my font is up againts a wall.

Cheers BDB

the sign is just screwed on - but it would cover the snap lock fittings on the other side. - u would need to fabricate a bracket to hold/screw the sign into....

Hope this helps

the sign is just screwed on - but it would cover the snap lock fittings on the other side. - u would need to fabricate a bracket to hold/screw the sign into....

Hope this helps

Latest posts

Back