Beer Filter Storage

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

TBird

Reaction score
I along with some others on the forum have been storing my beer filter in a plastic bag and then in the freezer.
However, space in the freezer is at a premium at the moment and I'd like an alternative.
How do others store their filters between brews?
Thanks and cheers

Cube

SAY MY NAME, BITCH
Reaction score
I keep mine filled with nappy San. Never has it actually dried out. Either beer is running through it or soaking in nappy San or starsan.

I haven't used it for 2 months and yesterday swapped out the nappy San. Still just like new.

I simply fill the casing up, put in the filter and place a weight on it to keep the filter submerged. Top up if needed. The top and connectors stay submerged s well.

TBird

Reaction score
I keep mine filled with nappy San. Never has it actually dried out. Either beer is running through it or soaking in nappy San or starsan.

I haven't used it for 2 months and yesterday swapped out the nappy San. Still just like new.

I simply fill the casing up, put in the filter and place a weight on it to keep the filter submerged. Top up if needed. The top and connectors stay submerged s well.
Thanks Cube
What ratio of water to nappy San do you use?
Cheers

dougsbrew

Beer Sloth
Reaction score
Never has it actually dried out. Either beer is running through it or soaking in nappy San or starsan.

+1 , however i dont keep it on nappy san, i keep mine on a slight dose of bleach in my kegerator.

Latest posts