Beer Festival Heritage Hotel 20 - 21st Oct

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

CraftBrewer
Reaction score
Apologies if somebody linked to this already, but couldn't find anything.

Beer festival at the Australian Hotel next weekend - Is anyone from here going?

"The Australian Beer Festival gathers top boutique beers and brewers from all over Australia in one place so beer enthusiasts and the beer curious can explore the craft of brewing and educate their palates to the wonderful array of Australian beer styles on offer. It is now also an established weekend in heaven for beer aficionados!

The festival is run over 2 days commencing on Saturday 20th October and running through to Sunday 21st October 2007."

I need a break & thinking of flying down for the weekend :party:

cheers Ross

Have been waiting for this for some time but there are not many brewers signed up to show there craft.

The Australian Hotel Web site has only 3 or 4 and I've tasted all of them already.

BOG

I almost certainly won't be able to, Ross, but our club (ISB) is having a brew day on the 20th which you are more than welcome to come along to (especially if you bring the hops :p ). We'll be brewing a few litres of beer and hoping we make more than we drink. :party:

Have been waiting for this for some time but there are not many brewers signed up to show there craft.

The Australian Hotel Web site has only 3 or 4 and I've tasted all of them already.
BOG

Not sure where you got that info - 24 breweries will be partaking at this point.

cheers Ross

I'll be there with a bro inlaw. Missed it last year. From all reports it's always (last 2 years) a good day :beer:

That's a bummer I'm heading up to sydney this weekend

Would have liked to have gone

Cheers

Why's it a bummer? Some of us don't mind travelling up to Sydney quite often... 5 days a week for me. I'll be doing everything necessary for the brownie points to go.

I'm not a fan of travelling - I struggle with the 7 minute drive to work at the moment

I'll work on SWMBO and see what happens - she could go shopping and I'd have a designated driver for the trip back :)

Though SWMBO's brother is coming down from singleton this weekend and we are all heading to sydney for the day

SWMBO suggested we should head to the Lord Nelson to sample some of their beer

Can't complain about that!

Cheers

From the Australian Heritage Hotel-

The festival will be held on October 20/21 on an extension of the
Aussie.

It will be held over two streets - Cumberland and Gloucester streets.

Below are a list of confirmed brewers who will be attending so far:

* Little Creatures
* Outback Brewery
* Boags
* Matilda Bay
* Barons
* Murrays
* Bowral Brewing Co
* Fish Rock
* Scharers
* Snowy Mountains
* Byron Bay
* Malt Shovel
* Redoak
* Five Islands
* Lord Nelson
* Gage Roads
* Mudgee
* Cooper
* Jamiesons
* Schwartz

Tickets:

Pre sale tickets are available for $10 by visiting our website
www.australianheritagehotel.com - this will get you 10 tasting tix and a
complimentary tasting cup.

Alternatively you can buy tix on the day - $1 per tasting tickets and $5
for a tasting cup - we sell these in sheets of ten so it's $15 - and if
you don't want to taste beer, it's free to enter the festival.

The hotel will also be selling all normal drinks

Food:

We will be seeling our famous pizzas by the slice on the day along with
some other great Aussie foods!

Got golf on Saturday and a christening on Sunday. Could always squeeze it in on Saturday afternoon/night.

Does anyone know what time it normally finishes?

Kabooby :)

What day are you going in Jimi?

Sounds very tempting for an option on the Sunday arvo. Surely it must be a busy day for the folks at the Australian considering the joint isn't all too big.

They just had this featured on "Sunrise" sampling soem of the beers. Looks like it would be fun

:( will there be any left next weekend??
might be stuck drinking whatever they normally have on tap. oh well... :beer:
joe

Got golf on Saturday and a christening on Sunday. Could always squeeze it in on Saturday afternoon/night.

Does anyone know what time it normally finishes?

What day are you going in Jimi?

I'll be there Sunday with the brother in law. I could be tempted to do a Sat arvo too ... if it runs late enough?

I withdraw my origional comments Ross.

The flash screen on their web site was not up at the time of my origional post. It had only a few participants listed at that time.

I'll be there...

BOG

Apologies if somebody linked to this already, but couldn't find anything.

Beer festival at the Australian Hotel next weekend - Is anyone from here going?

"The Australian Beer Festival gathers top boutique beers and brewers from all over Australia in one place so beer enthusiasts and the beer curious can explore the craft of brewing and educate their palates to the wonderful array of Australian beer styles on offer. It is now also an established weekend in heaven for beer aficionados!

The festival is run over 2 days commencing on Saturday 20th October and running through to Sunday 21st October 2007."
I need a break & thinking of flying down for the weekend :party:
cheers Ross

G'day Ross,
Yes, myself & some of the other ESB regulars are going on Saturday.
Looking forward to trying something different.

Sorry I didn't see your post sooner,
Pete

Ill PM you if I end up going in

The brother in law is a little, shall we say, under the thumb, so I've done all arrangements based on what "I reckon" he would enjoy. If his missus pulls rank I'll be working on getting through all the drinking vouchers myself.

Incidently does anyone know how generous the "sample"/serving glasses are that you get?

I'll be there on sunday

Ditto to the above....Mell and I will be there Sunday..dont finish till about 8pm on the Sat, and drinking in a railway uniform dont get good publicity lately(bloddy contractors ruining it for the rest of us!!"

Latest posts

Back