Beer Deluxe - Homebrew Comp

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome, good luck Grant.

Anyone know who else on AHB is in?

EDIT: I have so much to say I like to say everything twice.

No one else has put up their hand as being in the final which seems a little surprising

slaps forehead for entering the neat barrel and not the blend...

with a score of 9/8/7/7 (from 10's)

and with the blend (%50 barrel and %50 'new beer') doing better in every comp it's been in over the neat barrel.. well, Im pleased to know there is a process becoming clear for this beer..

Liam and Lukifer.. you gettin this? :lol:

Black n Tan said:
No one else has put up their hand as being in the final which seems a little surprising
Hey Black n Tan,

I'm in the final mate, RIS, look forward to trying yours and everyone else's beers tomorrow should be an awesome afternoon... You'd have to be the front runner with a score like that mate! Look forward to hearing about how you go about things over a few beers...

Cheers

Dan

Dan K said:
Hey Black n Tan,

I'm in the final mate, RIS, look forward to trying yours and everyone else's beers tomorrow should be an awesome afternoon... You'd have to be the front runner with a score like that mate! Look forward to hearing about how you go about things over a few beers...

Cheers

Dan
Hey nice to hear from you Dan. I am sure we will have plenty of time to catch up tomorrow and try each otter's brews. You won't have made Yob any happier with your RIS making the finals. A RIS against a Kolsch, that is interesting, tough job for the judges. Cheers, Grant

wonder how things is goin? Grants Kolsch came to me in the night

Black n Tan said:
It will be good to see you there Paul
Sorry B&T I missed it.

I had cunningly planned the weekend thinking this was on Sat...

You know..."let's do my thing Sat and then we'll do your thing Sunday".

Only to realise about 2.30 Sat arvo I got it wrong.

By then it was too late to change plans.

How do you go anyway?

I won my Category (Brewers Choice), but was pipped for Overall winner by a Dark Mild. The Dark Mild was delicious, but a brave choice from the judges to put in Beer Deluxe across the country. I post full results when I get them.

Black n Tan said:
I won my Category (Brewers Choice), but was pipped for Overall winner by a Dark Mild. The Dark Mild was delicious, but a brave choice from the judges to put in Beer Deluxe across the country. I post full results when I get them.
hope you werent pipped by a single vote....or else I'll feel real bad for not getting done there and voting for you. ;)

GrumpyPaul said:
hope you werent pipped by a single vote....or else I'll feel real bad for not getting done there and voting for you. ;)
My win was based on the judges award and the overall winner was based on the judges votes also, not the peoples, which I think it fair. The People's Choice has more to do with how many mates you bring. It was awarded to Aaron from Melbourne for his IPA. I must have been close. I think if you take away the home-ground advantage then the People Choice would have been given to Glen's Blood Orange IPA from Sydney, it scored well and it was bloody beautiful.

Yep i took out the peoples choice. Im from geelong not melbourne and only had 4 friends in attendance. So no advantage there. I also placed 2nd overall in the IPA category for the final.

baron said:
Yep i took out the peoples choice. Im from geelong not melbourne and only had 4 friends in attendance. So no advantage there. I also placed 2nd overall in the IPA category for the final.
Sorry Aaron, no offence intended. Congratulations.

I think there were about 3-4 beers in kegs, the rest were bottled.

Back