Beer Deluxe - Homebrew Comp

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This may also be of some assistance to those interested

HomeBrewHeroes_Signup Form.jpg

HomeBrewHeroes_Signup Form2.jpg

HomeBrewHeroes_Signup Form3.jpg

HomeBrewHeroes_Signup Form4.jpg

HomeBrewHeroes_Signup Form5.jpg

I've read on Brew News and Beer and Brewer that people can enter all 3 categories if they want. But can't see anything on the Beer de Luxe page that suggest that. I'm going to email them tonight and see what the go is and will post their response here.

I assume if we are allowed to enter more then one category we would just fill out separate registration forms for each category as they aren't really set up for multiple entries.

Anyway see what they come back with.

Cheers

Maybe that was a dumb statement by me as I guess you could still just circle multiple categories on the above form. I don't believe that is possible on the way the web page is set up though... Will still email to clarify.

I had a Kolsch I was going to enter in the "Pale Ale' category but they told me it "generally" only includes American Pale Ale and Australian Pale Ale. So I guess i can still enter it under 'Brewers Choice'.

I'm keen to enter this one, first real comp I've entered. The 16l caveat is a bit of a shame though because I've only got that much for 2 of my beers, which were not the ones I want to enter.
HOWEVER, what is with the selection of different categories? It's seriously -

Pale Ale
IPA
Other

Other includes lambics, stouts, German pils, Irish red et.c. etc. etc. I dunno, feels like home brewers are being tarnished with a brush implying we are only interested in pale ales as 'craft brewers'. Incidentally I wanted to enter a pilsner, stout and old ale. Seems odd they would be judged against one another.

Yeah that 16L thing is annoying. Kinda limiting as to what everyone will have available to enter.

As for the styles - it's just a pub chain doing a brew comp. Proper comps with proper categories & styles are run by the brew clubs (where you'll also get proper feedback on your beer/s, which I doubt will happen for this Beer DeLuxe comp).

I daresay they've chosen Pale Ale, IPA and Brewers Choice because they know Pale ale and IPA are easier to sell. I wouldn't bother entering something too different, like a lambic, in the "Brewers Choice" category because they're just not going to pick it as a winner no matter how good an example of the style it is.

I wanted to enter a Schwarzbier in the Brewers Choice category, but even that might be too "out there" to have any sort of chance.

Below is this the response I got back about how to enter multiple beers online.

Cheers

Hey Dan,

Thanks for getting in touch. Unfortunately you’re right - with the current limitations of the form you’d have to submit 3 different times if you wanted to enter into the 3 different categories. We don’t expect you to have to re-enter all the bio info though, you can simply put in “As per previous entry”. With the paper forms, that’s the form we have in-venue for people that want to sign up in person.

Sorry that the system isn’t totally refined for multiple entries - it’s something that we’ll be working on for next year!

Cheers,

Tom
— — — — —
Brew Support
[email protected]

It's certainly a weird one...

Reckon you can bring a cornie down for the 16litre final?

honestly can't be arsed bottling that much.

I reckon it's a pretty hard ask for the interstate crew to provide 16L to the Melbourne final.....

Are BeerDeluxe gonna arrange that?

Latest posts

Back