Beer Can Sealer.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lindsay Dive

Reaction score
How cool would it be to have one of these......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QM8-qBoIbk&feature=youtu.be

Looking at what's happening there (crimping), how hard could it be to make your own gheto gadget that consist of a hacked can opener? :p

Getting blanks would be the hard part!

There's one of these type of things at "Willie The Boatman" in Sydney.
I don't remember the one at Willie's spinning the can like that.

Known as seamers in the industry. I'm lucky cos I get to play with industrial-sized ones.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_02BjDtqtA

professional_drunk said:
For us $1500 this is getting close to being accessible to home brewers.
I reckon a few home/craft brewers living within a close proximity to each other could go partners in one. It's the type of machine that is going to sit on a shelf and only operate once every now and then.

wheres the benefit over a growler (apart from the cool can factor), especially for home use

Compared to say a growler
- bigger opening means more surface area to introduce oxygen ( and way harder to purge with co2)
- single use
- expensive equipment/blanks?

• Growler doesn't get returned to you.
  • Growler gets returned with mould growth.
  • Not having enough growlers for all your neighbours, family and friends.
  • Not wanting to throw out your growler at the end of the night.

SBOB said:
wheres the benefit over a growler (apart from the cool can factor), especially for home use

Compared to say a growler
- bigger opening means more surface area to introduce oxygen ( and way harder to purge with co2)
- single use
- expensive equipment/blanks?
I would not be interested at all in canning beers from my kegs for home use, none whatsoever, I'll stick with my jugs as the coolroom is down stairs

I think canning beers from your kegs would be a great idea because you can offer them to family and friends as a gift, taking your canned brews to BYO Restaurants, parties, fishing/boating, camping, barbecues etc etc. Growlers are mostly heavy bloody things made of glass and they're too big and clumsy.

Purging the new cans is quite simple, you have an extended plastic tube on a pluto gun, place the plastic tube into the bottom can and give it a slight burst with the trigger. CO2 is heavier than air and stays in the bottom of the can whilst you are filling the can right to the top with carbonated beer.

It all seems too easy and so cool to my way of thinking.

klangers said:
Known as seamers in the industry. I'm lucky cos I get to play with industrial-sized ones.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_02BjDtqtA
What are your thoughts on some of the seamers offered by manufacturers in China? Anything out there that you might recommend? They're certainly cheap. The old adage, 'you get what you pay for', does come to mind. However, some of those prices are great......

peaky said:
What are your thoughts on some of the seamers offered by manufacturers in China? Anything out there that you might recommend? They're certainly cheap. The old adage, 'you get what you pay for', does come to mind. However, some of those prices are great......
Yeah, I know they're seamers. I just had a brain snap when typing up the topic heading, dunno how to change it.

How do you look at seamers offered by the chinese??

professional_drunk said:
For us $1500 this is getting close to being accessible to home brewers.
Looks like I'm stuck with the busted-arse old Superautomatica and bottles for a while yet then. :D

How much are the Canimal machines? Heaps of pubs and bottle shops have them now so there must be a local distributor in Australia.

Back