Beer Can Collectors Convention In Hobart

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
Something for Asher and Linz to checkout on their holidays ?

Doc

Canathon promises collectors beery good time
The public is being invited to view some of the country's largest beer can collections in Hobart this weekend.

The annual Beer Can Collectors convention, or Canathon, is being held at the University of Tasmania.

One of the organisers, Bron Hogan, says 70 delegates from around the country and overseas are showing off their collections.

"Some members have as much as 60,000 cans," she said.

"We only have about 3,500 because space is limited and these people, the average is 5,000 beer cans, but they also tend to collect things like beer glasses and bar mats, can openers and the runners, anything that has a beer logo on it."

Where the hell do you put 60,000 cans?

No, Rubes, the REAL question is- How the hell do you drink 60,000 cans of beer in the first place?
Even allowing a 6 pack a day, every day, it'd take 27 years!
Guess these guys enjoy the collecting aspect more than the drinking or making of beer...

I have some interesting cans at home.
I think the best ones are Cascade draught steel cans which are roughly 30 years old. They are the ones with a large join down the side and have pictures of Sydney to Hobart races on them.

I also have a vintage bottle of Guiness which i was given for my Christening!
Tim

Dang!!!!

I'll miss that one.

Mind you Im still on the look out for a "Harp" lager, rubber backed, bar mat!!

Back