Beer By Perscription ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
Minister says beer should be on the NHS

Germany's Economics minister says beer is so healthy it should be available on the country's health service.

Minister Wolfgang Clement, 64, who can reportedly down a beer in 1.5 seconds, claims he can't get enough of the brew.

"People should be able to get prescriptions for beer through the national health system," he said.

The positive effects of beer were recently confirmed in a paper by Austrian professor Manfred Walzl of the Graz neurological clinic.

According to Walzl, beer reduces the risk of stroke and heart attack, improves circulation, and even acts as an aphrodisiac - if not taken to excess.

He says men can drink up to 1.75 pints a day, and women half of that, in order to experience the healthy effects of beer.

Hey Doc,
I hope that 1.75 is a real pint and not a Yankee one cos that means I,m over the top of the bell curve; and wot about friday nights. Thats a five pint night. I know that the aphrodisiac bit stops working sometime some time during the fourth!

Thats when the dreaded brewers droop or if your lucky the fugly hour starts....

Back